Licota's check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Licota

Licota's check-in

Post by Licota » Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:22 am

So now I am on day four. Went to the toilet a hundred times last night! Water is letting og. Incredibly good feeling, but also annoying to pause three times during a film. :)

Food is ok, I am forcing myself to let go of "have another plate, have some snacks!"feeling in my head. But I can already feel this is working. Woho!.

Had an Orange day on saturday and sunday, green yesterday and today is going to be green too!

I want to loose at least 12 pounds. But hey, whatever that goes off I am happy with.

I work out at the gym 2-3 times a week.
Live in Oslo, Norway

eschano

Post by eschano » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:17 am

Lol, your post cracked me up! Looking forward to reading more.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

aspencer27

Post by aspencer27 » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:44 pm

Nice job! Focusing on getting the habits engrained first has been the way to go for me. It has helped me maintain (which was better than the gaining I had been doing) and it has helped me enjoy my food more. My clothes are fitting better now and I feel better about myself, so I'm happy with where I am now.

Good luck!

Licota

Post by Licota » Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:03 pm

eschano wrote:Lol, your post cracked me up! Looking forward to reading more.
Glad to hear it! Looking forward to keep posting. :LOL:

aspencer: Yes, it is really all about habit... Started working out in late july, and now I finally feel like it is getting a habit. Waiting for my partner in crime to come home from work, so we can go.. I am working only 50% at the moment, as I had a cochlear implant procedure this summer and just had sound on for two months. :)

My favourite for lunch is left overs from dinner. Today I had salmon and fresh roasted potatoes and veggies in sauce from last night.

My hubby can eat A LOT (there goes the seconds!), but only three meals a day and he never eats snacks so that inspired me. A bit boring to be snacking alone, and then I feel bad for it! He also told me to cook less food so he can't indulge in gluttony, hehe...

What made me get on with it now was that I bought a new skirt on saturday, and when I got home I found it a bit tight.. Well, decided to keep it! I have another red plaided skirt I want to get back in though, it fit me last summer. :)
Live in Oslo, Norway

Licota

Post by Licota » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:54 am

So yesterday went quite good. Didn't snack or eat any sweets, and had a few mugs of green tea. Was a nice change to drink tea for "dessert" than eat something. Afterall, I was full! Each time I thought of food, I told to myself "are you hungry? no.. so let it go." Works for me. :) Just let it go. You are not missing anything, you can eat what you want later.

Three meals a day for four days, no snacking and I already feel that my new jeans fit a bit looser. Seriously? Is that possible? Or is it just wishful thinking?
Live in Oslo, Norway

eschano

Post by eschano » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:10 am

I think it is possible. I lost more at the beginning.

My favourite lunch is left-over dinner too! If my boyfriend leaves some. Same problem here.
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

Licota

Post by Licota » Thu Sep 18, 2014 9:42 am

We will find out then, in a few weeks...

Food is still going ok, made pizza last night with chicken, tomatosauce, leek and red pepper. Was Nice! Two slices and I was ok. I put three slices on my plate, but two was enough. That is good.

No snacking so far this week! Think I will buy me some liqorice fudge on saturday. Looking forward to that. Hm, wait, saturday is a get-together at a friends. Will see how that goes, good thing it is an S-day :)
Live in Oslo, Norway

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu Sep 18, 2014 11:18 am

You make your own fudge? Awesome!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

Licota

Post by Licota » Fri Sep 19, 2014 8:00 am

eschano wrote:You make your own fudge? Awesome!
No, I don't bake or make sweets on my own. It doesn't look difficult, but then I always will make loads and find it difficult to stop. Rather buy a few pieces and enjoy them. :)

Been having green days all week! Hooray! :) Tomorrow is my first S-weekend, so excited about how that goes.
Live in Oslo, Norway

eschano

Post by eschano » Fri Sep 19, 2014 9:46 am

I know what you mean, I have the same problem! And in theory I could share out my sweets but I get very greedy with my own labour of love haha!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016

Licota

Post by Licota » Sat Sep 20, 2014 7:33 am

So today it is one week since I started and I have seen that I have lost weight this week. My clothes and my scale confirms it too. I suspect it is water weight, but it is motivating to see. Will be interesting to find out what next week brings. Today is an S-day, but I really don't feel like indulding. But maybe I will have a piece of chocolate, yum! We are invited to a party tonight, so I won't feel bad if I eat som snacks there. That is a good feeling. :) I also believe S-day is good for your metabolism, so a few days you eat a bit more. That convinces your body that it is not necessary to go in starvation mode, there are food available. Yay. 8)

Down in one week: 4,4 lbs. Insane!
Live in Oslo, Norway

Licota

Post by Licota » Sat Sep 20, 2014 8:17 pm

Bleh... No party today. Food was ok, ate no more than other days. But I had one bowl of icecream, a good portion of chips (crisps) and some liquorice... Was a doing good or bad today.? I don't know, feel a bit ambivalent. New day tomorrow... .
Live in Oslo, Norway

Licota

Post by Licota » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:22 am

New week, new possibilities. S/days went ok, but I think I will stick to only one Sday. Two makes me go more berserk!
Live in Oslo, Norway

ironchef

Post by ironchef » Mon Sep 22, 2014 6:43 am

Well done on your excellent results so far!

Sorry you're not feeling the best - I often feel a sense of relief on Mondays to go back to eating that makes me feel good physically.

I would gently suggest that your second week (and first weekend) is a bit early to be deciding that only 1 S day is for you. Adding extra restrictions too early can easily backfire by making you feel overly deprived. On this topic, I highly recommend Reinhard's podcast "S Days Gone Wild".

Remember the 4th S is "sometimes" - you don't have to have any sweets, seconds or snacks on the weekend, but you can if you want to. Perhaps give it a few months, and see if you can find a balance, before adding extra rules?