OneLife

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

OneLife

OneLife

Post by OneLife » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:46 am

Today was the first No S day. I enjoyed eating this past weekend, but I was apprehensive about today. Just had feelings of doubt. Not sure if I could do it.

I did have moments when I wanted to give in and have a sweet. But I kept telling myself that I wanted/needed real food. I drank lots of water also. It was a successful day. I am pleased with how it went.

:D
Dee

My starting weight allows me to wear a size 12
I would like to wear a size 8

OneLife

Post by OneLife » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:15 am

Today was similar to yesterday. I had moments when I wanted to eat something sweet. Again I reminded myself that real food is what my body needs. After dinner was extremely difficult so I drank a cup of decaf with some cream but no sugar. It wasn't a bad day. I certainly hope things will get easier though.

Dee

osoniye

Post by osoniye » Wed Dec 03, 2014 4:35 am

OneLife wrote:I certainly hope things will get easier though. :D
Hi Dee,
Welcome! I imagine things will get easier for you. The main thing is to stick to the few NoS rules and tough it out through the period of adjustment. I don't know which is hardest for you... for me it's probably not eating sweet snacks offered by others during the week, with taking seconds if I am eating something nice at a friend's house coming in a close second. Some situations don't get easier, but the majority do, and you can monitor your failures against the goals you have for consistency and weight loss.
I hope you can make the most of this way of life and enjoy it!
-Sonya
No Sweets, No Snacks and No Seconds, Except (Sometimes) on days that start with "S".

OneLife

Post by OneLife » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:02 am

Hi osoniye!

I have to say that sweets and salty snacks are my problem areas. I don't have much issues with taking seconds. I love the fact that there are only a handful of rules to remember and follow with this plan.

Today went well. I struggled to keep from nibbling while I was cooking dinner because I really was hungry. I think tomorrow I will sip some hot tea while I cook.

Dee

OneLife

Post by OneLife » Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:13 pm

The last couple days have been a disaster. I gave in to one small piece of candy on Thursday and you already know what happened! That turned into about 20 pieces and then the "oh what the hell" syndrome kicked in.
That carried me right into Friday which was a super hectic day. So I made poor choices again.

It is alright, though. I am marching on like a good soldier.

Week one recap
Mon., Tues., Wed. I made great choices :)
Thu. and Fri. I made poor choices :(
Sat. and Sun. I plan to enjoy some chocolate! :D
Dee