Queenie's December Chart

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Queenie

Queenie's December Chart

Post by Queenie » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:53 am

A chart has served me well in other areas of my life, so I'm going to use that here.

We're getting a LOT of food gifts from neighbors and relatives. Some savory but most are sweets. I had an indulgent weekend and I'm being generous with my S-days for the holidays. But I can tell I'm going to need some discipline for the few days in between.

So this is a chart just for December. It's a small-step way for me to join the group here.

While this may be a tough time to start a diet, it's a great time for me to be on No-S. Skipping seconds and desserts on the N days will be a huge improvement for me at this time of year.

On my charts, a red X means success. However, I understand from the charts that folks use here, red= failure.

So, here I'll use a green X.

Dec 21-25 M T W S S
Dec 28-31 M T W S

And I look forward to a full month's chart in January.

Queenie

Re: Queenie's December Chart

Post by Queenie » Wed Dec 23, 2015 4:59 am

Forgot to check in yesterday! But I remembered to follow the No-S.

I'm filling my plates rather generously.

Dec 21-25 X X W S S
Dec 28-31 M T W S

wahine

Post by wahine » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:04 am

Good on you. Looking good. I just started last week

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:57 am

Today my plates looked more normal except at lunch. Visiting family took me to an Indian buffet for lunch. I had just one plate but it was loaded.

And I did choose to have a small dessert. I'm calling it orange rather than red because it doesn't feel like a full fail.

For my January chart, I might do three Xs, one for each S. Because I feel like I need credit for "no seconds and no snacks" in a case like this.

I suppose if I had told my family that I was on a diet, it would have been different. But I don't want anyone to know yet.

Dec 21-25 X X X S S
Dec 28-31 M T W S[/quote]

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:58 am

Wahine wrote:Good on you. Looking good. I just started last week
Thanks, Wahine!

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Tue Dec 29, 2015 11:39 am

Normal day on Monday. Had many impulses to just eat something. Not strong impulses -- more a matter of noticing how much I've probably been invisibly grazing before starting No-S.

Dec 21-25 X X X S S
Dec 28-31 X T W S

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Tue Dec 29, 2015 2:33 pm

well done Queenie - your chart is looking good :)
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:30 am

Tuesday was normal. My dinner was not as filling as I'd have liked. I was hungry during the evening. But I just put up with it.

Then Wednesday was a little odd. I slept very late, getting up at 10AM. The thing was, I had plans to meet a friend for dinner at 5PM.

I ended up holding out until almost 11:30 before eating. My meal was a larger-than-usual breakfast.

Then, at the restaurant, I forgot about just having one plate. My friend and I shared a skimpy appetizer. Then I had grilled fish with roasted vegetables, and we ordered extra roasted vegetables to share.

I was pleasantly full but not stuffed.

Anyway, it worked out to two satisfying meals rather than three meals. Everything was good, healthful food. I'm rating this as a success day.

Dec 21-25 X X X S S
Dec 28-31 X X X S

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:30 am

RAWCOOKIE wrote:well done Queenie - your chart is looking good :)
Thank you, Rawcookie!

Merry

Post by Merry » Fri Jan 01, 2016 8:41 am

Sounds like you've had a great first couple of weeks! Congratulations!
Homeschool Mom and No S returnee as of 11-30-15.
2 years and counting on No-S.
29 lbs. down, 34 to go. Slow and steady wins the race.
Respect Moderation

Queenie

Post by Queenie » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:58 pm

Thanks, Merry -- it's doubly amazing because of the holidays.

What a great feeling to start off the new year with these two weeks already done and dusted.