Lou's 4 week check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

LouMay

Lou's 4 week check in

Post by LouMay » Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:18 pm

I am so glad I found this website!

I have been following no-s for 4 weeks now and at the moment the best thing about it for me is that I'm not on a 'diet'! I don't spend every day obsessing about food and buying lists and lists of ingredients and turning down things I really want. Aside form weight-loss no-s has given me back control over my relationship with food. My disordered eating is fading into the past and I'm starting to naturally make better choices not only about what is on my plate but the size of the plate as well!

I struggled at first with the slow pace of change - having been brainwashed by lots of fad diets that you can easily loose 10lbs in a week if you just try! But now I realise that I am moving in the right direction. I've lost 3lbs over the last 4 weeks but I feel confident that it is actually gone not just because I starved myself for 3 days :D

I don't have loads of weight to lose - about a stone that I put on over the last year after a messy and painful break up - and so I'm happy to spend this year losing it again slowly and healthily rather than making myself miserable banning odd foods or restricting others.

I found these boards so inspiring and positive when I first discovered no-s - especially when I panicked about a first s-day pig out and when I had my first red day. So just wanted to drop by and share a story with like-minded people and hopefully make someone else reading feel positive about the start of their journey too.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:58 pm

Hi Lou may--welcome! I agree that the best thing about NoS is the sanity it brings to one's relationship with food. It's so freeing! The weight loss is just a nice bonus and three pounds is great.

You are definitely on the right track! Enjoy!

Linda :)
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160