Spacemom's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Space_mom

Spacemom's check in

Post by Space_mom » Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:26 am

This was my second weekend on No-S and I went a little too far! Friday I had a birthday dinner, so I decided it was going to be an S-day. Saturday too and I ate a lot of junk. Sunday, I had planned to be an N-day, but I ended up drinking a couple glasses of wine and eating bread with cottage cheese mid-afternoon at my daughter's best friends' place, as her mother was celebrating her birthday too. All in all, it wasn't a too caloric day, but later, since I had spoiled the N-day, I said what the heck, it's going to be an S-day, and I ate a Kinder Delice.

I'm bloated and up two pounds, but it may be water weight due to hormonal time of month. I feel ugly, unhappy and desperate. I even bought a draining powder to get rid of excess water, to dissolve in a liter water. I only drank it Saturday, I need to do it seriously.

So, after 16 days I'm back to starting weight. Why does everything have to me so slow for me?!! :evil:

Space_mom

Post by Space_mom » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:27 am

Someone mentioned eating upside down... I'm game! Been reading about the reverse diet, and I'll be doing it the No-S way. Started this morning, with an onion soup with greens and two toasted whole wheat bread slices with tuna pate. No time to eat fruit but it will be corrected tomorrow. I'll give this a try at least one week, to see if it makes any difference.

USAFwife

Post by USAFwife » Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:15 pm

A friend of mine lost a pretty significant amount of weight on the reverse diet. I guess it works for some people...then again almost every diet works for some people. Good luck. I hope it works for you!

Space_mom

Post by Space_mom » Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:25 am

Thanks for the encouragement, USAFwife!...
Good to know the diet worked for someone "real". I'm not doing it per the book (it's a restriction diet anyway, only lean meats, whole grains and lowfat dairies, but I already eat like that often). I'm just reversing the order of the meals.

My yesterday's foods - 1st day of Reverse No-S diet:
8 am - Onion soup with turnip greens and two toasted whole wheat bread slices with tuna pate. Coffe with little sugar.
1 pm - Steamed turnip greens, small salmon pattie, 4 chunks of sweet potato, a T red bell pepper fried in olive oil and garlic. Orange and pear.
7 pm - Roll with goat cheese and quince jam, glass of milk, and, still hungry, two toasted whole wheat bread slices again with goat cheese and quince jam. An apple and a handful cashews.

Notes: 1) I reached lunch time hungrier than usual. 2) Didn't need any small snack when I got home in the evening, since I immediately proceeded to "breakfast". 3) Went to bed around midnight still stuffed. 4) A pound down this morning. ( :shock: )

Space_mom

Post by Space_mom » Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:05 am

Today is my 21 day mark. Already!!!!!!!!!!
My weight is the same as at the start, but considering I'm in PMSland, no big wonder. Glad it's not higher. And I had two birthdays in between. Going 5 days without sweets was easier than I thought.

Yesterday, 2nd day on upside-down no-s:

8 AM - spagetti, turnip greens, eggs scrambled with chicken leftovers, tangerine, coffee with little sugar.
13 PM - Lunch out - "pot-au-feu" - just the lean meats, cabbages, turnips, carrots, small bit of rice and chorizo. Glass of white wine. 3 olives. Fresh pineapple.
7 PM - bowl of cereal (all bran flakes mixed with choc muesli...) with skim milk. 1 banana, 1 pear, 3 walnuts, 3 cashews.

Notes: 1) Not so hungry at lunch time as the day before. Left lots of pot-au-feu (much appreciated by Kiko and Blackie, the office dogs!). 2) Also, not as hungry as the previous day at 7 PM. Goodie!

Space_mom

Post by Space_mom » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:26 pm

wow - a pound down this AM! :D

Yesterday, RNS3: @ 62 kg
8 am: Veggie soup with grated mozarella, 2 thin slices dark bread with egg paté, orange, coffee.
13.30: Onion soup, a little tuna salad, banana, chunk of dark bread.
19.00: A sandwich of dark bread with goat cheese & quince jam. Milk.

Note: I suspect goat cheese causes breakups on face.

Today RNS4 - till now (I probably won't post again till Monday): @ 61.5 kg
8.00: veggie soup, a hamburger with bun (gave half to my dog), small orange, 3 cashews, coffee.
13.30: 2 eggs sunny side up, 2 thin dark bread slices one with butter the other with mayo, turnip greens, like a cup spaghetti with grated mozarella.

Note: Will try RNS on S-days too, at least till I reach goal weight. Gotta be careful with indulgences. Last S-days I tended to eat junk just because I could. No-no.

RNS = reverse no-s diet

Space_mom

Post by Space_mom » Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:27 am

Long time no check in (1 week)

This was a tough week. By RNS 8 or 9 (today is 11) I started feeling tired of the reverse stuff. And I noticed my dinner breakfast was getting bigger and bigger. By Wednesday besides TOM I started with colics, developed diarrhea and last night was so terrible I took 2 ultra-levure after dinner and in the middle of the night had to get up and took 3 imodiums. Just ate 3 small saltines and black tea in the am and I feel like crap. So, I'll begin Monday again. My weight this morning was 62,5 kg (same as when I started no-s...) but OK I'm sick and at TOM. Next Monday my weight should be more accurate, then I'll decide if I do Reverse No-S, No-S SLD, or plain No-S with the protein pick-me-up. Cheers everybody ( I don't feel cheerful right now)

Space_mom

Post by Space_mom » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:24 am

Monday morning, new week, TOM gone, gut flu gone, 61 kg. Fresh start. No more reversing, I got tired of eating soup and salmon for breakfast, and two breakfast's worth of food for dinner.... Back to plain No-S with a protein pick-me-up between lunch and dinner if need be. Oh, bought a bottle of CLA pills to start today.