Ann's Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Ann

Ann's Check In

Post by Ann » Fri May 25, 2007 1:26 am

Hello,
Sort of started No S last Monday on May 14th. Did so so. This week same thing. I am going of officially start No S tomorrow, Friday, May 25th. Maybe that will work better for me than starting on a Monday. It will be very challenging on Friday, because it is a big treat day at work. Should be fun! :D

Positive thoughts!
Ann

Ann

Post by Ann » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:06 pm

Wow, a whole week went by already. Did so so last week, not great, but better than usual. I have enlisted by husband as my diet coach, hoping that will help me during the week of No S. On a personal note, my grandson is going to be born any day now. Looking so forward to being a Grandma!! :D

Positive thoughts!
Ann

Ann

Post by Ann » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:03 am

I am going to count this day a success. My first official day, Monday, June 4th, with my hubby helping me. I actually made it through what I call the witching hour, 3:00 pm at work, when my mind is yelling GIVE ME SUGAR!
I just ignored it and by the time I was driving home from work, I was hungry for dinner. This is a great success for me. Snacking and dessert at night is the thorn in my side. If I can get through the witching hour at work, and have the support of my hubby at night, this will finally work for me.

Positive Thoughts!
Ann
:D

mimi

Post by mimi » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:56 am

Ann - congratulations on your successes! Isn't No S great? I know full well what you mean. My "witching hours" are after work and in the evenings too! It does becomes easier with time, though - I began in April and I never thought I'd ever be able to get through the afternoons and evenings without snacking - but it can be done! Congratulations on becoming a grandma - I too am awaiting two new babies in the fall - one in August and one in September. Can't wait!
mimi
Discovered NoS: April 16, 2007
Restarted once again: July 14, 2011
Quitting is not an option...
If you start to slip, tie a knot and hang on!
Remember that good enough is... good enough.
Strive for progress, not perfection!

Ann

Post by Ann » Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:00 pm

Mimi,
Thank you so much for your reply! How encouraging to know that this will get easier with time. Congratulations on your 2 new babies that are coming this fall, how exciting! Have a wonderful day today!
Ann

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:59 pm

Good work on avoiding the snack monster!

I am going to be a first-time Grandma in July, so I share your joy! :D

Ann

Post by Ann » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:10 am

Hi Jammin' Jan,
I am now a Grandma :D ! Christopher Bruce was born June 7th, 9lbs. & 21" long. I had success all last week. My hubby & I did indulge in a little bit of dessert on Thurs. night. We considered that an S day since our grandson was born that day! Here's to next week of No S'ing. Is this going to be your first grandchild that is coming next week?

My new sign off name, Grandma Ann :D

Ann

Post by Ann » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:13 am

I just reread your post, Jammin' Jan & I see that you are going to be a first time Grandma in July, not next week like I just said on my last post :oops: I'll look forward to hearing about you first grandchild!

Grandma Ann :D

Jammin' Jan

Post by Jammin' Jan » Mon Jun 11, 2007 12:45 am

July's just around the corner, so it's almost next week! Congratulations on your grandson!!! Definitely an S-Day! :D

Ann

Post by Ann » Tue Jun 19, 2007 3:58 am

Last week I had one failure. It was at work when a co-worker offered me a piece of chocolate. That's okay, I'm still doing better that before I started No S. Now when I have a slight failure, I don't just give up and say "Oh I messed up, might as well eat everything in sight". I enjoyed my little piece of chocolate and started again from there. I hope everyone has a nice evening.

Happy Thoughts!
Grandma Ann :D