Laura63 Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Laura63

Laura63 Daily Check In

Post by Laura63 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:12 pm

Hello,
I have been reading this site for a while and have finally decided I am ready to begin to No S Diet my life. :D All that I have read makes so much sense, is balanced, and not obessive :shock: !

This is my day one, which of course has only just begun because it is morning. Here is my No S Diet plan adjusted to me:
1. I am hypoglycemic so I have planned to eat healthy, natural foods at the times that I naturally get hungry (but before my hypoglycemic symptoms kick in.) Those times are 8 a.m., 12 noon, 4 p.m. and 8 p.m.
2. I plan to eat only until "politely full" at each meal (meaning my waistband is NOT elastic and does not have to be loosened. Also, I can still bend over and pick up my napkin when it drops and not feel as though I will lose what I just ate.) I plan to begin posting results tomorrow.
3. Of course no sweets except on "S" days.

I have already eliminated almost all empty-calorie, unatural, chemical laden "stuff" (can't really call it food) from my diet. The No S Diet will help me get control of my portions and between meal eating. Excellent :!:

I am not going to be monitoring my weight, because I don't care how much I weigh. My goal is a 26-28 inch waist, I had that one time in a galaxy far, far away and would like to move back there. For my height, frame size, and body build (I understand from reading health journals) it is a good size.

Laura
Starting Date: June 14, 2007
Waist: 32 inches

Laura63

Laura's Day One

Post by Laura63 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:50 am

80% Success! I am happy with that...I think it is a good start. :) I did real well eating at the times I set. I felt hungry, but not famished, each time I scheduled to eat a meal. I ate until "politely" full. I found that I only ate about half of what I served myself at each meal. This is a huge success. :idea:
I did not meet the "no sweets" part of the plan, so that is the 20% failure of the day. I did just fine all day until the 8 pm meal. I was out shopping and decided to make that meal a Starbucks organic cappicino because I was only a little bit hungry. I thought that should fill me up pretty well. I got in there and saw some marshmallow rice bars in the case and "forgot" :roll: that I wasn't supposed to have sweets. Next time I will drive to the other side of town and go through the drive-through Starbucks over there until this No S Diet becomes truly ingrained in my mind.
~~Laura

Laura63

No I am not lost....

Post by Laura63 » Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:23 pm

I relized that it has been a couple of weeks since I last posted. Shame on me!
Well...as anyone can guess I haven't been doing all that well. I can't seem to stop eating after dinner in the evening. I think it is because I may be frustrated and bored at that time of day. I need to find something to do that will keep my mind occupied. I am earning my degree online so I do have homework and assignments to do. But, once they are done...you really don't want to know... :cry: I am not tired yet and want to relax and food helps. I think the longer days have something to do with me not being tired at the proper time. I have tried getting into the tub for a nice relaxing bath and that helps sometimes, but not always. I hate having to always be thinking of something to do besides eat! :x
To anyone reading this...sorry for the rant...had to let it out.
I am ready to pick myself up and dust myself off and start again.

cvmom

Post by cvmom » Fri Jun 29, 2007 2:57 pm

Hi Laura.

Please don't apologize for the rant...because if we can't rant here, then what are we to do???

I am not a nightime eater but I have read a lot of posts from people here that are. I think that is a tough one but you can change your habits.

Have you ever read anything by Bob Greene? He writes that if you make a formal cutoff time for eating that in itself can solve a lot of weight issues. I learned that habit years ago and I never eat past about 7pm. (Unless I am out at a dinner or something like that).

Personally, I was an "after school" eater. But, with the help of No S I have managed to break that habit.

If you can push through the discomfort for a few weeks that should help you. Also, try having a plan to do something with your time after your studying.

Good luck,
Dru