flsun checkin

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

flsunshine

Post by flsunshine » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:27 pm

Well, I didn't do any snacks or seconds, but I could NOT resist a bite of my kid's easter bunny (or two - hey, it's not often that he offers!). So, I still won't count as "success". Today, so far so good, but it's only 9:30am! Ha.

0-1

flsunshine

Post by flsunshine » Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:42 pm

Yesterday was a true success and it feels great! Today breakfast went well, lunch is packed, and dinner is planned - a good start.

1-1

flsunshine

Post by flsunshine » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:35 am

Another true success yesterday - now the ratio feels better!

2-1

At home today, which means I really have to watch those snacks...

flsunshine

Post by flsunshine » Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:16 pm

Friday was a struggle, but I made it (barely). Saturday and Sunday were a relief! Ha. Today looks good, but I won't count it quite yet. Hooray.

3-1

flsunshine

Post by flsunshine » Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:47 pm

Let's see, where was I...

Monday - success
Tuesday - success
Wednesday - failure (but almost a success, I had a chocolate and a few nibbles of my kids' afternoon snacks)
Thursday - so far so good

That makes it: 5-2 (not counting today)

I still need to add in the exercise (the short dog walk just didn't count yesterday) and keep healthier with the food in general, though!

flsunshine

Post by flsunshine » Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:00 pm

Ah, well, last night I went home and made brownies for my son's school function. And ate some. (But not as many as I would have previously eaten). Still looking ok for today if I can withstand that TGIF mentality this evening...

5-3

flsunshine

Post by flsunshine » Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:13 pm

Humph. I seem to be struggling and what a vicious cycle that makes... Friday was fine, Saturday and Sunday were not too over the top, and yesterday I think I'll count as "Special" because we went on a mini-vacation for the day that called for splitting a dessert at dinner. But, today there has been no excuse, clothes are tighter, and my motivation level is low, low, low.

6-4

flsunshine

Post by flsunshine » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:35 pm

Yikes, I could barely find my name... this site must be expanding - congrats.

Still plugging away. Walking more, eating less, but busier than ever. Not sure where I stand on the "score", but for this week it looks good!

flsunshine

Post by flsunshine » Tue May 20, 2008 4:50 pm

Hmmmphf. :cry: Need to get back to it, but life is just so DARN busy sometimes.

Walk more, eat less, eat better - how can that be so HARD?

flsunshine

Post by flsunshine » Wed May 21, 2008 5:57 pm

Better today. Motivation is seeping in.

flsunshine

Post by flsunshine » Thu May 22, 2008 2:52 pm

A true success yesterday. Conscious eating for the first time in a while. Hurray.

flsunshine

Yet again

Post by flsunshine » Thu Sep 11, 2008 4:05 pm

Trying again. 2 days of success. Feels better to be doing SOMETHING, at least...