Pechzancrm's Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

pechzancrm

Pechzancrm's Check-In

Post by pechzancrm » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:13 pm

OK. I have tried everything from Atkins to Weight-Watchers (almost made it to the Z's , probably would have tried that diet toit if I knew of 1 that started with it!!!!!! LOL). I loose then gain like a yo-yo.
I read about this in Women's Day (I think). Sounded pretty good.......don't have to count or deprive yourself of what you like. Gonna start first thing tomorrow morning.

Wish me luck........ :roll:

Start Weight 183
Goal Weight 130 Hopefully will make it before B-Day next year. (July)
Live, Laugh, Love

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:25 pm

pechzancrm,

Welcome!

I have struggled with binging/sweets for many many many years... I am new to No S, at about two weeks ...
so far it has worked REALLY well for me ...
like some one has turned on a light in the darkness,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

pechzancrm

DAY 1 - Monday April 7th

Post by pechzancrm » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:53 am

Yesterday was my first NoSing day. Was sick and in bed allllll day!!! Only ate 1 meal at 8:30 pm. 1 Hot Pocket Calzone, handful of chips and dip. Calzone huge and used 1/2 the plate. (i did leave a few bites cause I could not finish it. and 1 bottle of water.

Not sure if this counts as good day or bad day.
:cry:
Hope to do better today, am at home and ate 2 pieces of toast with tablespoon of Grape Jam for breakfast. Will probably have sandwich and grapes for lunch. Not feeling well so will probably not cook dinner which means hotpocket (not calzone again, was way too much) or sandwich and grapes again. I know not the best 3 meals but could be worse.
Live, Laugh, Love

pechzancrm

Post by pechzancrm » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:39 am

well. day 2 (yesterday)

breakfast: 2 pieces toast w/butter and grape jelly
Lunch: Ham n Cheese sandwich and cup of grapes
Dinner: Nothing (was in bed asleep)

Day 3 (today) still feeling a little under weather but went to work.
Breakfast: Sausage sandwich and Tangerine (not good choice, did not agree with me at all)
Lunch: better, banquet meal
Dinner: at hospital with sick cousin from 4pm - 9pm: hot pocket and grapes......

Guess not best week to start this diet, but I am committed to it and hope not to Snack, Sweets or Seconds until Saturday.

What I wouldn't give for a COKE right now. Coke is my weakness, I can go all day without it but always have it when I get home. Welll gonna go eat my hotpocket n grapes and catch up on some shows. Hell's Kitchen in DVR'd. LOL
Live, Laugh, Love

pechzancrm

Post by pechzancrm » Sat Apr 12, 2008 2:26 am

IT"S Friday......and i made it 5 days NO SSSSSSSSSSS's.

Last night was the hardest. stayed at hospital all nite with sick cousin. but went to cafe and had 1 1/2 sliced of ham and some mac n cheese. Was proud of myself :lol: for not drinking cokes and eatin junk food all nite (which I would have done if I had not started this diet Monday.

Can't wait til tomorrow...1st SSSSSSSs day. Gonna be ready for a Coke and maybe a little bit of ice cream after dinner. Gonna try to only drink 16 oz of coke.

Am proud of self and am gonna try not to go overboard on weekends. try to plan what I want and if I eat a little more then that's ok,,,,,,, it's allowed on S days. Cousin out of hospital but not doing well, will probably take her some stuff this weekend, and snack a little while there.

Hope everyone else had a successful week.
Live, Laugh, Love

pechzancrm

Post by pechzancrm » Sun Apr 13, 2008 11:34 pm

Well 2 S days done. Ate junk and snacks and coke way toooo much each day. Only 1 real meal. Porkchops, rice and green beans.

Gonn do weigh in tomorrow, hope am down a few pounts. Will hit next 5 N days with gusto and determination!!! My only problem is I am not too strict on what goes on my three plates.....I love my carbs and eat alot of breads. Work 2 jobs and Dinner is usually a sandwich, lunch a premade frozen meal but usually under 400 calories, breakfast if any is a few pieces of toast and a piece of fruit. Here's to 1 week downa 500 nore to go .........lol
Live, Laugh, Love