CampCook's CheckIn

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CampCook

CampCook's CheckIn

Post by CampCook » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:09 am

Hi! I just started today and am thrilled with what I read in the Woman's World magazine. I'm a cook at a Christian camp, and I have such a hard time sticking with a diet while I'm cooking all the time. But I think this is doable for me.

Today was a wonderful day! I had a bagel and pineapple for breakfast. I was at work for lunch (tuna sandwich, banana, and salad) and dinner (chicken parmagiana, pasta (of which I only had a few bites), and a salad). I even made cookies today and didn't take a bite of batter or eat any of them. Woohoo!!!

Looking forward to this!!

Lenise

CampCook

Day 2

Post by CampCook » Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:37 pm

Yahoo! I woke up this morning hungry!! It's such a good feeling. I'm not stuffing myself!

Ate breakfast this morning (chicken biscuit and hash browns from McD's along with fresh pineapple) and I'm not snacking at all today. I was amazed yesterday at work to realize how many things I pop into my mouth while I'm cooking. I'm going to be aware today and watch out!!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:32 pm

Camp Cook,

sounds like you are off to a great start!
Yahoo! I woke up this morning hungry!! It's such a good feeling.
I know ... eating all of those mini-meals and gaining ten pounds as I was doing before NO S ... that while trying to LOSE ten pounds ... hahahahha
I completely forgot ... did not have or experience ... that wonderful I am alive sensation of hunger!

Now I get it .. several times a day and that is a beautiful thing,
Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

CampCook

DAY 3

Post by CampCook » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:35 pm

It is such a wonderful feeling to hear my stomach growl. I was so tempted to eat something last night but I didn't give in. I went up to bed and read and then went to sleep lots earlier than normal! I have been eating so much lately at night. It's nice to just be able to relax and enjoy the evening.

I did eat more than I should have at dinner last night, but I'll work on amounts later as I get accustomed to eating only at meals.

I guess I should do a little more of an introduction. I've been married for 18 years and we have a 14yos and 12yod. Unfortunately my son has picked up my bad habits and is overweight, which is why we're doing this together. DH and DD are both skinny. I didn't start putting on weight until after I got married, and I now have about 60+ pounds I would like to lose. The summer Before hubby and I were married I weighed 135 pounds, which is skinny for 5'8" -- that was pretty low for me as I normally weighed around 145. I'll be satisfied if I can get down to 150-160. I know it's a lifestyle change I need -- one that will last and not a temporary thing.

I'm a full-time cook at a Christian camp, so I'm always around food. It's the desserts that kill me. But you know, I haven't had any desire to eat any cookies or cakes the past few days. It's great!! I'm just going to have to be careful on the S days!

Breakfast this morning was a bagel and pineapple. Lunch will be chicken stir fry (I think) and dinner will be a salad and veggies and maybe some fruit too.

Toodles!
Lenise

CampCook

Post by CampCook » Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:46 pm

Guess I should say that on Sunday I weighed in at 214. Today I'm 211.5!! I know it'll fluctuate lots and come off slow, but as long as it keeps coming off steady I'll be thrilled!!

Lenise

CampCook

Post by CampCook » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:16 am

Day 3 was a SUCCESS!!!

Today is Day 4 and my stomach is growling like crazy this morning. Can't wait for my family to get up so we can enjoy breakfast together.

Have a great day!

Lenise

CampCook

Post by CampCook » Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:57 pm

SUCCESS on day 4!!! Feels great!!

Lenise

CampCook

Post by CampCook » Sun Apr 20, 2008 11:33 pm

Last week was crazy! I worked six days straight and totally lost focus. I'm glad that week is over with!!! So I am starting my count new as of today. Had a wonderful day! Going to get my book out and read it again tonight!!

Lenise