Ruthie's Daily Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

veganruthie

Ruthie's Daily Check-in

Post by veganruthie » Wed May 07, 2008 1:25 am

Alright! 4 days in (first two exempt, 3rd and 4th definitely success).

Funny business: sugar free gum. Wasn't sure about it, but now I feel it is an S food.

Super hungry between meals but meals are so good. :-)

Also 5 miles walking everyday!
live simply so others may simply live

veganruthie

Post by veganruthie » Thu May 08, 2008 2:05 am

Day 5: SUCCESS.

veganruthie

Post by veganruthie » Fri May 09, 2008 3:20 am

Day 6: FAILURE

Bummer, bummer. Started with a little snack, then some sweets, then a lot more snacks, and one more sweet. Pooh. :oops:

Start over tomorrow!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Fri May 09, 2008 3:26 am

veganruthie,

glad to see you on the site!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

veganruthie

Post by veganruthie » Sat May 10, 2008 4:00 am

Day B1: Success! Hooray!

I'm being *very* strict this time around. Plating everything!!

Breakfast: Big bowl of oats with soymilk and raspberries
Lunch: Roasted veggie pocket with pears, baby carrots and a cherry lara bar
Dinner: Veggie burger on whole wheat bun, pears, salad (on same plate) with lettuce, peppers and carrots, and three ravioli that I wanted but put on the plate so they'd be part of my dinner. :-)

Walked 2 1/2 miles

veganruthie

Post by veganruthie » Sun May 11, 2008 6:11 am

Day B2: EXEMPT

BF: Big bowl oatmeal with soymilk
Snack: 3 cheese sticks (I know, not vegan... I'm working on getting these out of my diet)
Snack #2: Peanut butter english muffin
Lunch: 2 Amy's Texas burgers on whole wheat buns
Snack #3: Some ginger cookies and cooked pasta
Snack #4: Banana cookie Lara bar
Dinner: Big serving mac and vegan cheese with peas and carrots, apple sauce with flaxseeds and extra baby carrots (got over-full)
Dessert: little bowl pom chip Soy Delicious

I have to admit I feel a bit cruddy right now. Possibly because today was definitely a little bingey, but I think that's to be expected @ first.

veganruthie

Post by veganruthie » Tue May 13, 2008 2:52 am

Sunday: Exempt

Breakfast: Oatmeal with raisins and soymilk
Lunch: Chinese food: tofu with black bean sauce and broccoli (had seconds), fried wonton chips as an appetizer
Snacks: One and a half Lara bars, toast with jam...
Went for a walk in the rain and then went absolutely crazy cleaning until 4 AM.

Monday: Success!
Breakfast: Oats with dates, dried cherries, raisins and dried figs, sunflower seeds, walnuts and slivered almonds with soymilk... SO good, I can't wait until tomorrow.

Lunch: Big salad with romaine, red bell peppers, carrots, garbonzo beans, slivered almonds and crumbled pretzel sticks with vinegar and olive oil SOOO good! with an apple... meal was kinda awkward 'cause I had to eat in 10 minutes and then finished the apple while I was working.

Dinner: Potato hash with carrots, shallots, red pepper, jalapeno, broccoli and cauliflower, with breaded tofu sticks and fancy ketchup (fruit sweetened) and homemade tofu mayonnaise. I really wanted seconds but told myself "no" and now I feel very full. :-)

veganruthie

Post by veganruthie » Wed May 14, 2008 3:02 am

Success:

Bf: oats with bulk goodies (cherries, figs, raisins, dates, almonds, sun seeds and walnuts) with soymilk (blogged about here: veganruthie.blogspot.com)

Lunch: Big salad with romaine, some sliced potato, garbonzo beans, vinegar and oil, with an orange and a wheat roll

I had a glass of soymilk and an orange juice between lunch and dinner 'cause I was STARVING. Maybe I needed more protein/complex carbs @ lunch.

Dinner: Refried beans, rice and guacamole with chips at Taco Del Mar. It fit on a plate. And was delicious.

I was still a bit hungry afterwards but I think I'm fine. Brown rice woulda been better than what the restaurant serves but whatever. :-)

I REALLY wanted something sweet today but resisted. Go me! I just remembered Reinhard said the first month is the hardest, so I hope it only gets better from here out.
Last edited by veganruthie on Wed May 14, 2008 4:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed May 14, 2008 3:46 am

ruthie,

cool blog,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

veganruthie

Post by veganruthie » Wed May 14, 2008 4:37 am

You too. :)

fkwan

Post by fkwan » Wed May 14, 2008 4:28 pm

I just subscribed too... MT is sooooooooo beautiful...

f
One must know his limitations. -- John Milius
Beginning weight: 115
Currently: Haven't a clue