Mizmc's My Start

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Mizmc

Mizmc's My Start

Post by Mizmc » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:21 pm

Have been reading on the boards and getting the swing of No-Sing for about 2 weeks and feeling better....mentally more then physically but am trusting in the process. A bunch of mental battling the old trains of throught regarding dieting. As this does go against alot that I have abosrbed over the years. Not that any of it really worked in the long term. So I guess you could say it is a big defrag.

I am refusing to weigh in and SCALE is now a dirty word.
Here are my stats for a starting point

Female
5'9
180-185 (at last weigh in 3 weeks ago)

So here is my start

Sept 28/2008

No-S = Day 1 : SUCCESS as it is an S day.

note:nice way to start but to be truthful the past 2 weekends I need to get a grip on the SOMETIMES as i can see how it can become just an all out binge day

Shoveglove: even though it is a sunday I had dear hubby find the sledgehammer that I mean we have never really actually used and we wrapped it up. Looked up the youtube videos ( thank you mr.R that was very helpful) and just followed along for all 10 video clips.
to give me a run through for tomorrow.

Looking forward to tracking my success with all of you!

keep on keeping on!

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:39 pm

Mizmc,

welcome ...
So I guess you could say it is a big defrag.
Love that!

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

Mizmc

Post by Mizmc » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:33 am

Day 2 SUCCESS

all around o.k day, still working on the thought process to match the habit I am trying to form.
I think I will feel better about writing SUCCESS when food is not a focus , but a function. does that make sense?

I was thinking today, how being the main food prep for the family that it is tough ....here it is 3:30 I just finished lunch at 1 and I am already having to think about what to cook for dinner, when I am not even hungry myself, and to be honest I probably could have done just fine with a bowl of cereal!

Thanks Blueskighs....

B: 2 pieces of toast and orgainc peanut butter
1 kiwi
1 yogurt ( tried something new)
cup of tea

L: 1/2 pita with avacado, cuke, tomato, sprouts and havarti cheese
water

D: 1/2 butternut squash, 1/2 baked potato, and few bites of
a baked pork chop. glass of milk
cup of tea

did shoveglove aswell and 15 min walk.

Mizmc

Post by Mizmc » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:34 am

forgot to say I did weigh just to get a base and I was 181 this am.

jennyp

Post by jennyp » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:12 am

Hi Mizmc! I just started today for the first day and wanted to introduce myself! Its so hard to think this way, I hear what you're saying. When you're taught all this "diety" stuff, trying this new way of life is interesting. I think we both know it will be so rewarding on many levels, but the stuff in our heads is a little "off" right now. Man, it will be so free to not have this constant battle going on in our minds! I can't wait! HAHA!!!

Talk with you later :)
Jenny

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:18 am

I'm only on Day 22, but it is incredible how much easier it has gotten. I've managed two full weeks of successful N days, and that is enough that I just don't think about snacking anymore. Good luck to both of you!
Kathleen

Mizmc

Post by Mizmc » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:42 am

Day3 SUCCESS

good day nothing funny

B: bowl of vector
kiwi and 1/2 banana
2 cups of tea

L: same as yesterday + an apple

D: bowl of shreddies, 1/2 pb sandwhich
1/2 tea

hot day so did have a diet pepsi at the park which I thought was much better then what the kids were having ..slushies!!!
I really try not to have diet soda, because of the aspertame, but thought that a reg would be a failure, so I save them for the odd S day.

pop used to be my weakness, 3 ,4 ,5 a day. so I have pretty much stayed away altogether..mind you nothing tastes better then movie popcorn and pop!
yum a good S day save up.

Kathleen

Post by Kathleen » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:42 pm

Mizmc wrote: yum a good S day save up.
Mizmic,
That is the best summary I have seen of why this diet works!
Kathleen

Mizmc

Post by Mizmc » Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:31 am

Day 3 SUCCESS

all though no shoveglove, yet maybe still tonight.
busy day cleaned house from top to bottom as we are selling so house needs to look like a flippin' show home, that was my excercise LOL

B: cereal
kiwi
banana
tea

L: same as yesterday except no avacado but used mayo
instead with concord grapes

D: cereal, grapes, and tea

i know I am going through a cereal phase, it is not some secret diet thingy, I just like it, and it has been abnormally hot in my area for this time of year so do not feel like big meal at night.

this is not to say I am not fighting the snack or grazing urge i am! plus the meat scare thingy, so cereal is safe.

last day of cycle I think so starting to feel skinny albiet only for a few days then back into it all!! geeze I really hate that, why oh why do i only get a few good days out of a month...o.k rant over thanks for listening

maybe it is the NO-S though? my feeling slimmer, as slim as one can feel at 181 *laugh*
one can only hope.
cya tomorrow

Mizmc

Post by Mizmc » Fri Oct 03, 2008 3:08 am

day 4 SUCCESS

nothing funny, but am notiing a mental shift which is good
also did shoveglove today