Catlady First Day Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Catlady1975

Catlady First Day Check In

Post by Catlady1975 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:12 pm

Hello,

I came across this diet last night while browsing the web and it makes so much sense. Today I am starting my first N day.

B - egg sandwich/soup
L - black beans and a tortilla
D - Chicken salad (well I will have it at dinner, it's a bit early yet :) )

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:03 pm

Welcome!!
Hope you enjoy NoS and good luck!
8) Debs
There is no Wisdom greater than Kindness

VintageGeek

Post by VintageGeek » Wed Mar 18, 2009 8:33 pm

Is it me, or are there a lot of Texans on this site? Living up to our reputation as being one of the fattest states in the union.

Welcome Catlady. I'm only on my third day myself, but it seems like you're off to a good start. Good luck!
8-bit is still awesome.

blue

Post by blue » Thu Mar 19, 2009 4:31 am

Wellcome ! I love kittys too. I actually have a orange one I', trying to fatten up. She was too skinny after an illness.
No s is great! Good luck

Catlady1975

Day 2

Post by Catlady1975 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:30 pm

Ugh! I totally had a failure last night for dinner. We went out and I had a bit too much to drink. I think dinner and after dinner are my hardest times. I can go all day and do well but when night happens, I usually eat and drink too much.

So for today I did a bit better.

I had cottage cheese/pineapple (I read that fruits are ok). It was pineapple in it's own juice so no syrup.

For dinner I just finished a chicken salad, which is what I should of done last night. I really need some encouragement.

A little background on me, I'm 315 lbs (yes that is OMG fat!). I just had a miscarriage and so my hormones are all over the place. I want to lose about 20 lbs so I can start trying to get pregnant again. I also want to adopt a sensible eating pattern I can carry throughout life. No more crazy fad diets for me.

Thalia

Post by Thalia » Thu Mar 19, 2009 11:34 pm

Fruit is totally fine! "Sweets" means stuff like candy, soda, and pastries, things that are heavily sweetened.

You don't have to eat "diet food" on No S, unless it's something that you actually like and would choose to eat anyway -- not sure how you feel about dinner salads and cottage cheese, maybe you love them, but I thought I'd mention it!

I'm so sorry about the miscarriage, and wish you the best for a quick, easy, healthy follow-up pregnancy.

caroleann

Post by caroleann » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:52 am

Don't beat yourself up about failures. Reinhard says that you should expect to have some. Just keep trying to change those habits and don't give up. Did you buy the book? They have some available at Amazon. God luck! Caroleann
Nothing tastes as good as thin feels!!!

The only way to achieve something important that has been out of your reach is to become more assertive. It'll take stong motivation on your part to bodly go where you need to go

VintageGeek

Post by VintageGeek » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:02 pm

Does it make anyone else sad that those other dumb diets out there have made us believe that fruit might be on some "bad list" somewhere? I think so.

Like caroleann said, don't worry about failures right away, Catlady. You were facing a tough situation on your first day. Just by thinking about it, you're on the right path. Good luck!
8-bit is still awesome.

Catlady1975

Post by Catlady1975 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:22 pm

Thanks for all the encouragement. I'm on day 2 of this plan. Looking forward to actually learning a correct way of eating. I want to own my eating not have it own me. :D

la_loser

Don't Mess with Texas Women!

Post by la_loser » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:34 pm

I meant to reply to this the other day. . . Although my name and location don't reveal it, I am a Native Texan (note the capital letters!) and will never lose my Texas roots. . .Once a Texan, always a Texan. (yeah, we are a proud lot!) Thus the play on "deep in the heart of Texas" lyric since I now live in the heartland. And my sister still lives in SA.

Just pop in my office to see my sign that says:

"Don't Mess With Texas Women !" :P

Good luck with building your habits-this thing really works and it makes so much sense!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol:

Catlady1975

Post by Catlady1975 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:29 am

Ok so today is Day 2 for me.

B - macaroni, lima bean, salmon concoction. I know, it sounds awful but it really is good.
L - same
D - 2 slices pizza

For exercise, I did alot of housework, more than I normally do and I mopped.

So far, i'm doing ok on this plan.

Catlady1975

Post by Catlady1975 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:35 pm

Ok so today is monday and I am back on the N day cycle. My S days were actually not so bad. I didn't binge even when I was at the birthday party with cupcakes and frosting. I love butter cream frosting. Anyway, I've stayed the same weight and that is almost as good as losing weight.

I'm loving the 3 meal no snacks no sweets. So for now, I'm feeling good about things. I can't say this feeling will last for days but for today, I'm doing good.

So I'm off to find breakfast.

:D

Catlady1975

Post by Catlady1975 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:19 pm

Hi guys!

Well today is my 6th day with the No S Plan and today I actually shocked myself. I made a decision to have celery sticks and 2 mandarin oranges with my chicken tenders instead of potatoes. I found I wanted to make a healthier choice.

I love the way this plan is changing my conscious decisions about food. Tomorrow will be a week on the plan. No weight lost but what I am actually looking for is freedom in my eating to where in the long term I won't be fighting food. Of course, weight loss is good and I am looking forward to that starting to happen also.

la_loser

Great start!

Post by la_loser » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:13 am

In time you will lose--but it isn't always as quick as it is for some people. And I would caution you to make sure your one plate each meal is enough to keep you satisfied between meals. . . in other words, if those celery sticks and oranges didn't cut it, the potatoes might have been worth it. Remember this plan does not REQUIRE you to choose specific things that we as former "dieters" have turned to in that mindset of restricting ourselves. Don't get me wrong-making healthy choices are smart-just make sure you're not setting yourself up for failure by restricting yourself when you don't have to.

You're off to a great start!
LA Loser. . . well on my way to becoming an LA Winner. :lol: