Depressed.....SusieB

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

susieb

Depressed.....SusieB

Post by susieb » Mon May 18, 2009 11:15 am

Hi All, I am really in a bit of a state today. I got back from a week away and it took a good three days to get over the jet lag. ...and I just binged on all sorts of crap despite having been to see a nutritionist about some health problems I have. I just couldn't get my head around it all and on top of that there is just nothing happening on the job front. It's been two months now and I am so sick of my own company already. I could hardly get out of bed this morning. I'm sorry as I know this sounds like I am just wallowing in it all but I am just having a rubbish time right now. However I d recognise that if I don't pull myself together I won't be in a good frame of mind for when I do get interviews and my diet really affects me mentally, so I resolve to get back on track this week! Also it's my husband's birthday and he doesn't want some depressive hanging around the house I'm sure :)
So far, so good today....
Love to all
SusieB
Nil Illegitimus Carborandum

~reneew

Post by ~reneew » Mon May 18, 2009 4:00 pm

Recharge and go for a green habitcal week! What's that quote... pick yourself up and dust off the crumbs? When I eat really well, I feel better physically, emotionally and spiritually! Go green! :wink:
I guess this doesn't work unless you actually do it.
Please pray for me

Nichole

Post by Nichole » Mon May 18, 2009 4:47 pm

I think if you get two or three healthy days behind you, you'll feel so much better. It just takes a little time to get the momentum back going. Just don't give up! Also, rid your cabinets of junk, that will also help you get going.

Oh and if you can, take a walk.. it will help with your stress AND be great exercise.
"Anyone can cook." ~ Chef Gusteau, Ratatouille

susieb

Post by susieb » Tue May 19, 2009 11:22 pm

Thanks very much to both of you for your helpful words. I've had two days back on track now and aiming for GREEN as you say!
S x
Nil Illegitimus Carborandum