Su's daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

susieb

Su's daily check in

Post by susieb » Tue May 19, 2009 11:27 pm

Hi All, I had a much better day today even though I was on the road travelling in the wind and rain to a job interview and back, three hours each way.

Breakfast was a bacon sandwich (an English must-have now and then!) on wholemeal bread

Lunch was sushi and an apple

Dinner was fresh crab salad, some fruit and yoghurt with flaxseeds, seeds and a few nuts sprinkled on.
Didn't do so well on the caffeine front today- too much diet coke- one to focus on tomorrow!
'nite all
SusieB
Nil Illegitimus Carborandum

susieb

Susieb check in

Post by susieb » Wed May 20, 2009 8:12 pm

SUCCESS today:
Breakfast was a muffin and decaf coffee
Lunch was yazai yaki soba
Dinner was turkey breast marinated in spicy sauce with a large sald, flowed by plain 0%fat yoghurt with flaxseeds and blueberries
Yum!!
Susieb
Nil Illegitimus Carborandum