SusieB's daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

susieb

SusieB's daily check in

Post by susieb » Sat Jun 13, 2009 7:21 pm

Hi- SUCCESS day 2

Although today is an S day, as per my previous note I have decided to only have one "proper" S day and to keep any snacks and treats on the other S day to be fruit and veg as often as I can. I really struggled with nibbling this evening as I don't think I had a substantial enough lunch earlier but I kept my nibbling to raw fruit (one apple) and some raw veg while preparing dinner and a yogurt after dinner, so I'm pretty OK with that...

Breakfast was two slices of wholemeal toast and jam (taken at 10am- not too early) and black coffee
Lunch was a wholemeal turkey and salad sandwich

nibbled on raw mushrooms and carrots and a small apple before dinner

Dinner was chicken breast cooked with flageolet beans and herbs out of the garden with lots of roasted veg, sprinkled with rosemary and sea salt- veg being aubergine, carrots, sliced new potatoes, red pepper. And a glass of shiraz.
Yum!
I do think I should perhaps have more protein at breakfast given that I have it later. Does anyone else find it helps on the hunger front?
Hope everyone is having a great day today
SusieB
Nil Illegitimus Carborandum