SusieB day3

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

susieb

SusieB day3

Post by susieb » Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:49 pm

Hi All,
Today was my one S day, and boy have I needed it! Life is a bit stressful at the moment. I was notified of my job being made redundant back in March and left work in April. I have done nothing other than look for the right job- I am the breadwinner so it needs to enable us to at least pay the mortgage- and I have been messed about quite a bit going the length and breadth of the country interviewing for jobs that didn't in the end exist. It's come to a bit of a head recently and I have found myself getting more and more low in mood...as a previously very regular exerciser I have struggled to even get out of the door some days recently,and my intentions to focus on this regime was just not happening. However, I did give myself a kick up the bum recently as I believe that sorting my diet and exercise out will make me feel much better, which is why I am checking in daily so I can focus on a routine. My husband has had to work outside of the UK this week so I am on my own, which isn't good for me at the moment and I really had to fight the urge to eat all day today- and although things are allowed on an s day I can do some serious damage when I am in this kind of mood! So I got rid of all the things that I might have a problem with- breakfast cereal, bread, crackers, ice cream- all in the bin! I also knew that I needed comfort food today so I decided to do that but have them as meals.
Today I had:
A breakfast muffin and preserves with coffee at about 10am
Lunch was out at a garden centre- keeping busy buying plants: a very unhealthy lunch but very nice: Coffee with a mini shortbread and a piece of raspberry tea cake which was absolutely gorgeous but crammed with cals I bet lol. One large apple to follow. Actually with the fresh raspberries and apple that was two of my five a day :-)
Dinner was a homemade pizza with lots of salad and home made coleslaw- made with red cabbage, carrot and red onion and extra light mayo. It was a large plate but as I made it all myself I know what went in to it all at least! Then I had local strawberries and I am going to have a low fat hot chocolate before I go to bed. I know it has artificial sweetener but everything else I have had today has been from the local farm shop and allegedly organic!!!
And the net result- yes my calorie count and fat intake will be higher than usual today- I guess that's the idea of an S day- but I am really full up due to loads of fruit and veg mainly and I don't feel like raiding the fridge.
So today was, for me, a definite success, hurray!

I hope you all don't mind me having a bit of a moan- I am trying not to feel sorry for myself and it's helpful to get it all off my chest to "virtual" friends :-)
Thanks All
SusieB
Nil Illegitimus Carborandum

susieb

Day 4

Post by susieb » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:52 pm

:D
Still feeling pretty rough and on my own all day and evening, usually a pretty difficult time for me BUT I have got through without bingeing, yay!

Today my breakfast wasn't until quite late on as I was on email and phone and...forgot!! I NEVER forget to eat. So I made myself a sandwich on granary bread with salad and fruit.

I had another one at about 4pm with some fresh apricots.

Dinner was chicken breast marinaded in a chilli mix with butternut squash oven roasted and salad followed by a very large apple. Lots to drink today,and I am feeling pretty full up.

I have taken up tapestry!! LOL!- something to keep my hands occupied during evenings. My exercise is still not where it was/ should be but I need to do one thing at a time rather than set myself up to fail.

Success!

Night All

SusieB
Nil Illegitimus Carborandum