SusieB's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

susieb

SusieB's check in

Post by susieb » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:33 pm

Hi, now on day 6- didn't check in yesterday as I was on a girls night out to see Take That- don't know how big they are in the US but they were FAB!!!
Anyway..
You know what- this NEVER happens to me...but I actually didn't think about food much at all yesterday. I had a large bacon baguette at about 10 30 knowing that I would probably need something substantial and the only other time I ate was with the girls at about 6 prior to the concert- a stir fry or rice noodles, chicken, veggies and broccolli with a teriaki sauce, and it was yummy and was sufficient to see me through.

Today however, the PMS choco- hormones have kicked in. I'm having a bad one this month, possibly as I am mega mega stressed. (sorry to the boys to go on about this PMS stuff )- I am suffering physically and am really bloated, then to make my day complete I tried a dress on for a function on Saturday night and the zip broke- so now I am feeling hacked off that my dress didn't fit and I am writing now to take my mind off chocolate and comfort eating. :cry:
I will NOT give in to it
I will NOT give in to it
I will NOT give in to it
I will NOT give in to it.
That's better :)

SusieB x
Nil Illegitimus Carborandum

susieb

Day 7

Post by susieb » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:06 pm

Hello, another good day today, I'm pleased to say. I had to drive to London for an interview which meant a really early start and then met my friend for lunch and to look around the ruins of a Roman villa. Then the traffic proa light lunch blems started- the road that encompasses London is difficult at the best of times but due to a series of accidents resembled a car park rather than a motorway. I was stationary for hours......so by 8pm I was still on the road, a long way from home, and starting to feel really hungry to the point of not being able to concentrate- and no services to pull over. So I had a couple of pieces of fruit. I had to- but then adjusted the amount I ate when I got in in a kind of virtual plating. I realise that this would be seen as snacking but it was that or potentially crash the car as I was really feeling very faint, so I decided that sanity needed to take over on this occasion!

Breakfast was a breakfast muffin and a decaf coffee
Lunch was a baguette with chicken salad and dressing and a small glass of white wine
Dinner was the two apples and a small piece of poached salmon with a small salad, a boiled egg, olives and a small chopped new potato.

missOlea

Post by missOlea » Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:59 am

That dinner sounds delicious! I might have to try it next week.

And I agree that it doesn't sound like "S-Day" type snacking, so I wouldn't count it as a fail day either. Expecially becuase you did some 'virtual plating'! I love that concept. I'd better not try it yet, I'm only on day 3 so far, but it would definitely come in handy in my random, unpredictable life! That's one reason I see this as sustainable - it take take the real world into account.

susieb

Post by susieb » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:16 am

Hi, the salmon was delicious- it was a kind of salmon nicoise without the anchovies - only cos I didn't have any rather than because I don't like them, cos I do!
Anyway today is a very good friend's birthday and there is a party tonight. I also have one tomorrow night but have decided to make today an S day and not tomorrow because tomorrow's fare is the sort I can take or leave so no need to worry and tonight's is a champagne-fest so I know which one ticks the right boxes for me :-)
Have a good day everyone!
Suse x