Queen4ADay Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Queen4ADay

Queen4ADay Check-In

Post by Queen4ADay » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:02 pm

Today is day 3 and an S day. So far so good. I still think about the next thing I'm going to eat on a non-S day but it's very doable. I feel pretty good that I've found something that doesn't require me to restrict certain foods and make it hard to stick with. I really feel confident that I will achieve a weight loss. I don't focus on the scale anymore and judging my achievements on forming good habits. I've started taking steps forward in the many things I do in my life since I started this diet. I've started pledging to enjoy every aspect of my life. I went and got a new apartment away from "negative" people and mended waning friendship that are positive. It's been good and only three days. I'm excited to see what the next 6 months hold!

kwonset

Post by kwonset » Sat Sep 05, 2009 8:53 pm

Welcome!

I do think the whole idea of forging new habits relating to food spills over into other parts oF our lives, especially as we see we can make changes. Sounds like you are off to a good and thoughtful start!
"If you don''t like how things are, change it! You are not a tree!" Jim Rohn