Katie wants to lose those American extra pounds

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Anoulie

Katie wants to lose those American extra pounds

Post by Anoulie » Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:18 pm

Hi there!

I'm Katie, I'm 16, and I'm from Germany. I spent the last school year in Florida as an exchange student and gained about 10 lb. American food is a little... different from ours, not to mention the different eating habits (no breakfast, chicken sandwich at school, chocolate chip pancakes at home).
Now I'm home and I finally want to get rid of those 10 lb. At my host family's house, we had the No S Diet book (my host dad got it for a few dollars, but at the end, he decided to go with the Flat Belly Diet - 1600 kcal a day, divided into four meals), and it sounded simple and logical...
Now I finally want to start with the diet. Friday night - a good time to start a diet where you can eat anything on weekends :D
It's kinda hard to do because my mom keeps buying candy - my favorite candy, usually. "Oh, by the way, those were on sale, I know they're your favorite, so I just bought this XXL bag..." But it'll work out.

September 26: S day
September 27: S day
September 28: N day
September 29: N day
September 30: N day

Current weight: 120 lb
Goal: 110 lb
Height: 5'3"

poobail

Post by poobail » Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:27 am

Hi Katie! Good luck! I'm a newbie and am just reading the book myself right now.

Anoulie

Post by Anoulie » Sun Sep 27, 2009 5:35 pm

Weight: 120,592855022 lb (I have to convert it from kilograms)

Yesterday: S day
Today: S day

Tomorrow... N day! :shock: Wish me luck.