Diet Power with NoS

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

connorcream

Diet Power with NoS

Post by connorcream » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:10 am

Howdy,
I am considering giving Diet Power a try. How would you rate your success with it? How would you see your melding of it and NoS working out?
Thanks,
Connorcream
connorcream
5'8.5"
48 yrs
Started calorie counting
10/6/2009
start/current
192/mid 120's maintaining
Maintaining a year

Anoulie

Post by Anoulie » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:46 am

Honestly? I wouldn't use it. Not counting calories is actually the point of No S. You can buy a notebook and write down your meals, like this:
Wednesday
Breakfast: baked eggs
Lunch: capeseed roll with tuna and mayonnaise, plus a tomato
Dinner: minestrone soup with green salad (including avocado and some slices of tofu) and garlic bread. Also some fresh pineapple.
Source: http://everydaysystems.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t=5441
Then maybe write down your weight, too (although I wouldn't weigh more often than once or twice a week).

connorcream

Post by connorcream » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:30 pm

Howdy,
Sorry for the confusion. I meant this post to go in Bright Angels Daily Checkin.
Thanks,
Connorcream
connorcream
5'8.5"
48 yrs
Started calorie counting
10/6/2009
start/current
192/mid 120's maintaining
Maintaining a year