Aquapixie's Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Aquapixie

Aquapixie's Daily Check In

Post by Aquapixie » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:21 pm

Starting a Valentines Challenge.

Sunday January 24th - N Day. :D
Monday January 25th - N Day :?
Tuesday January 26th - N day :)
Wednesday January 27th - N Day :(
Thursday January 28th - N Day
Friday January 29th - N Day / S Night
Saturday January 30th - S Day
Sunday January 31th - N Day
Monday February 1st - N Day
Tuesday February 2nd - N Day
Wednesday February 3rd - N Day
Thursday February 4th - N Day
Friday February 5th - N Day / S Night
Saturday February 6th - S Day
Sunday February 7th - N Day
Monday February 8th - N Day
Tuesday February 9th - N Day
Wednesday February 10th - N Day
Thursday February 11th - N Day
Friday February 12th- N Day / S Night
Saturday February 13th - S Day
Sunday February 14th - S Day (Valentines Day)

At the end of the three weeks, I hope to have made lasting habits. I'd also like to be down at least 3 pounds. :(
Last edited by Aquapixie on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

Girl Next Door

Post by Girl Next Door » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:23 pm

Welcome Aquapixie! Looks like we have similar heights and goals. :)

Not snacking was the hardest things for me at first - maybe for two weeks - I was ravenous! I found that the more I did it the easier it got.
Girl Next Door
"Don't I know you from somewhere?"

12/31/10 - 177
10/14/12 - 167
Healthy Range - 113-141

Aquapixie

Post by Aquapixie » Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:10 am

Hi Girl Next Door :) Thanks for posting in my update. I've not been doing well. But am starting again tomorrow.

Aquapixie

Post by Aquapixie » Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:54 pm

It's 3 weeks until Valentines Day. 21 Days. I'm going to try very hard to stick with NOS until then. I restarted (for the third time, sad I know,) today.
We stayed up way late last night, so didn't get up until 10:20am. Had breakfast at 12:30pm. I had an egg salad sandwich. It was yummy. I feel fairly full, though I'm thirsty. Will have to drink water soon. I did have a cup of a coffee with no sugar when I first got up. I'm not a big coffee drinker, but I like to have something hot in the morning to warm me up.
Lunch will be at 3pm and supper at 7pm. Not my normal times exactly, but far enough spaced that I think I can get through the day.

I've decided to MOD my plan a bit after reading the MOD post. My S days will begin Friday at 6pm and end with bed time on Saturday. So today is an N day. I will give myself permission to have something special on Sunday if the occasion comes up, but it won't be a regular occurrence.

I'm going to edit my first post to add a list of all the days in my challenge and will update that each day. The bottom part will be more of a journal. I can do this!!

Aquapixie

Post by Aquapixie » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:57 am

Well, so far I've had a great day, a good day, an okay day, and a fail. Not giving up though.