Check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

keep it simple

Check in

Post by keep it simple » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:12 pm

March 1st - 150lbs
I am starting this check in to encourage myself to stick to the Nos diet. I normally come unstuck as I always give in to myself every evening and have a snack. Also I do not like exercise so am going to incorporate some activity into my plan - basically going for a walk.
My goal is to lose 10lbs by June 25th as I am going on holiday with my husband and three daughters.
March 6th - 149lbs
Managed a full week without having any snacks and I also went for 4 walks so was pleased with discipline involved as I always eat at night.
I have no problem with resisting seconds, and saying no to dessert isn't difficult either, it is just the snacking which gets me everytime.
I do have to push myself to do some exercise every day, but I feel energised and mentally refreshed afterwards and there is nothing easier than putting on a pair of trainers and going for a walk ( so why is it so hard?)
March 11th
Have lost no weight this week but I know that I have kept to the plan so am happy that I am trying to do the best for myself. I went for a walk every day and feel so much better mentally.
March 30th -147lbs
Managed to lose some weight at last due to giving myself a kick start. I stuck to the principles of NoS but I also stopped eating any form of starch /carbs (apart from brown rice) for 5 days as I really must get a move on for this holiday. I hope to lose about 3lbs a month so I have achieved that this month. I didn't feel hungry but I did feel tired - this may be due to husband going into hospital to have two discs replaced in his neck. I felt more stressed than him and kept having to go for a lie down to recover. Usually I would treat myself to something nice to get me through but I am so determined to be slimmer for this holiday I just felt no urge for comfort food. Two of my daughters came for the weekend and opened a bottle of red wine - I resisted so am giving myself loads of stars/points.