Laura Corin's check in - new at this

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

laura corin

Laura Corin's check in - new at this

Post by laura corin » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:13 pm

I've been on the diet for about a week - no failures so far. I'm pretty close to vegetarian, so I'm loading up my plate with lots of veggies to keep me satisfied to the next meal.

I was previously eating very healthily, but just all day long. I weighed about 66kg, which is only just normal on the BMI scale for my height. I needed some new habits. I'm enjoying the 'No S' rhythm to my day: it's easier to say 'no', if the rule is strict and plain. I've dropped a kilo in the first week, but I'm not expecting that to continue. I'm going to try not to weigh myself every day, but I don't know if I'll succeed.

The time I find hardest is when I'm cooking and hungry. I try to cook extra batches of things, or make them in advance so that the preparation time is shorter.

Laura

laura corin

Failure, but only a tiny one

Post by laura corin » Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:09 am

I ate a couple of crumbs of cheese, a taste of Marmite (seems like I was craving something savoury) and then a spoonful of fish left on my son's plate.

Today I've taken a deep breath and rededicated myself to not snacking.

Laura
1st November, 2011: 66 kilos (145 pounds)
9th December, 2011: 64 kilos (141 pounds)
3rd February, 2012: 63.5 kilos (140 pounds)
Goal: 57 kilos (125 pounds) BMI 21.5