Jaime's daily check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jaimehamp

Jaime's daily check-in

Post by jaimehamp » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:00 pm

I really need something to keep me honest, so I'll use this to check in daily. I currently weigh around 145, and would like to be 135. I never had trouble staying in the 130's until I had my second child 2 years ago. Now I'm lucky to stay in the 140's.

I'm doing vanilla No-s, no mods for now. I don't have a ton of time to update-my hands are full with a 3 year old and a 2 year old, but I will try to post something every night just to keep myself accountable.

Today hasn't gone well, DH brought home dessert, but tomorrow will be day 1.

idontknow

Post by idontknow » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:04 pm

Good luck. I find posting a check-in really works for me and stops me messing up. I look forward to reading your posts :D

jaimehamp

Post by jaimehamp » Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:26 pm

So far so good today. I even passed up snack with the kids, so I'm feeling good about that!

Breakfast was a jalapeno bagel with ham and an egg. Lunch was pasta with marinara sauce and some parmesan cheese. Not sure about dinner yet-we'll see...

July2010

Post by July2010 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:22 pm

Way to go! I'm in week 2. It does get easier. If you haven't read the book yet, I recommend it. I'm doing a daily check in as well. It helps to make me accountable for what I'm eatting.
AutismMom

jaimehamp

Post by jaimehamp » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:40 pm

Thanks for the support! Today was a success! Dinner was cubed steaks with gravy, potatoes, and green beans. I didn't have seconds, and didn't sneak bites from my kids' plates. I think this might work for me-I love the simplicity of it.

I haven't read the book yet. Guess I should get it.

July2010

Post by July2010 » Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:37 am

Yeah the book really helps to explain things and give you tips! Mine is all written in and I'm reading it for the second time. Everyone on the plan really should read it!
AutismMom

jaimehamp

Post by jaimehamp » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:03 am

I'm having trouble getting started. last week, Dh brought home desserts, and I didn't do very well having them in the house. Today and tomorrow are S days, and Monday is our anniversary. Looks like my 21 days will start on Tuesday. I thought about making Monday a regular N day, but with 2 small kids, Dh and I rarely get to go out for a nice dinner. I want to be able to get dessert without feeling like I'm breaking the rules, so I'm making it an S day, although I'll stick to N day rules until dinner.

July2010

Post by July2010 » Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:43 am

Wanted to wish you a Happy Anniversary!
AutismMom

jaimehamp

Post by jaimehamp » Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:49 am

Thanks! We went out for a nice dinner, and I managed to stay withing N day ruled until then. Even at dinner, I didn't have seconds, but did have a small dessert. Tomorrow will be an N day, and I'm also going to start the 30 day shred.

July2010

Post by July2010 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:16 am

I want to buy that dvd! I saw clips of it on youtube and it looks hard! I bought one of "the biggest losers" dvd's (cardio max) and I was sore the next day and did it again and hurt my back. So, I've been doing some walk away the pounds tapes for a few days and I plan to go back to cardo max. I need to get myself a workout mat.
AutismMom

jaimehamp

Post by jaimehamp » Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:31 am

Didn't have a chance to post yesterday, but it was a green day! yay!!!

Today has gone well too. I was out running errands all day and still managed to keep it green. I even avoided getting starbucks, which is usually my treat for running errands with a 3 year old and a 2 year old. I haven't worked out yet, but will try to fit something in before bed.

My food log:
Breakfast: Scrambled eggs and turkey bacon
Lunch: Peanut butter sandwich, a few chips
Dinner: Pizza sub, salad

I'm already feeling better and that's motivating me to stick with it!

jaimehamp

Post by jaimehamp » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:36 pm

Today is going well. I'm craving chocolate, but have avoided it so far. Kids are napping, so I'm going to get my workout in now.

Breakfast: Toast with peanut butter, coffee
Lunch: pizza sub, chips
Dinner:

jaimehamp

Post by jaimehamp » Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:44 pm

So, I really struggled yesterday, but made it through without cheating! Yay! I even turned down dh's offer to go out for milkshakes (I haven't shared no s with anyone yet-I tend to go on and off of diets constantly and want to make sure it sticks before sharing this time). I'm almost through my first totally green week, and am feeling great.

Today's meals:

Breakfast: protein bar (slept late and had to rush to work), coffee
Lunch: (starving because of small breakfast) grilled cheese, pasta salad, tea
Dinner: Bean quesadilla, sour cream, rice, tea

Today is a crazy busy day, and I'm not sure where I'll fit a work out in. I think I may try to do some yoga before bed.