Jenell's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

jellybeans01

Jenell's check in

Post by jellybeans01 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:21 am

Day one okay did it and by checking in I hope this keeps me from evening eating.

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:09 am

yay, day 2

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 12:39 am

Day 3 down. Note to self, I do better when I stick to my routine breakfast of fresh fruits. It gets me started in the right direction

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:23 am

Jennell, I find that it makes a huge difference on the day if I start with my "usual" breakfast on weekends too.

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:15 am

We have been out and about so missed a few check ins lets see day 4 and 5 good. Day 6, ouch a couple of bites here and there. I was very stressed, but I STOPPED myself and so it has been successful, just not vanilla.
I was out of my regular breakfast. So I really did not start out on the right foot today. Note to self have your breakfast fruit Jenell, your day really depends so strongly on how you start it.

jellybeans01

Post by jellybeans01 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:04 am

okay I guess this is day 7, my first week. Today was hard. I started snacking at about 3:30is so I filled up and made it a meal. Tea with Cream this evening and I am okay.