Eileen's Check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Eileen7316

Eileen's Check-in

Post by Eileen7316 » Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:22 pm

Day 1

Start day today! I am a sometimesian, so I will allow 1 treat today. I'm not sure what I will have; maybe I'll pick up a single piece of cheesecake from Publix when I go shopping later.

B - 1 slice cold pizza (home-made from last night. I make pizza every Saturday. Hence, my problem :roll: )

L - 2 slices pizza, re-heated. Nice salad with grape tomatoes, red onion, oil and rice vinegar.

D - Grilled steak, tater tots, summer squash casserole

Edited: I did get the cheesecake - then I cut half a slice and ate it soooo slowly. I savored every bite and it was great! Not as good as home-made, but I can't trust myself around a whole cheesecake, even if it's frozen.
Eileen

Eileen7316

Post by Eileen7316 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:35 pm

Day 2

NoS
Exercise

Good day, food wise. I had the following:
  • B: 1/2 thin bagel
    1 TB peanut butter
    1/2 cup milk
  • L: Ham sandwich
    Green beans
    Blueberry yogurt
  • D: Chicken and yellow rice
    Mixed vegetables
3 meals, 3 plates. I enjoyed every bite! I planned to exercise by doing Just Dance on the Wii, but it was Oprah's final season premiere today, and I just had to watch. I'm not always an Oprah fan, but I watched the premiere in 1986 when I was 7 months pregnant with my youngest son. I remember it like it was yesterday, so I had to watch the beginning of the last season.

Then it was the season premiere for Martha on Hallmark channel. What can I say? I need to shut the tv off sometimes, I guess. I know I am much more productive and in control of things when I don't watch television.

I'm considering blogging this weight loss attempt. I've never blogged, and I am really a poor writer. I'd rather call someone and TELL them what I want to say. I've always thought writing took too much time. If I do start a blog, I want to document my meals with pictures of each plate, but I don't want to start a project if I'm not willing to follow it through.
Eileen

Eileen7316

Post by Eileen7316 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:06 am

Day 3

NoS
Exercise

This is the most enjoyable *diet* I've ever been on. I've known about NoS since the summer of 2004, but never truly exerted much of an effort to follow the rules. I'm not much of a snacker, or a sweets eater, but those seconds will do me in every time!

I found NoS by googling "No Sweets, No Snacks, No Seconds" which is an eating plan my sister thought up once, but she called it the "3S" diet. I found Reinhard's old Yahoo group, and my logical mind immediately knew this was brilliant! However, I never really gave it the old college try. Of course, I've tried many other diets over the years since then. Weight Watchers, counting calories, even a stint with low-carb, which I really can't stand! I can't live without bread and pasta.

Today was good - 3 delicious meals on 3 plates (well, except lunch was virtual).

Breakfast - Scrambled egg sandwich on 2 small pieces of thin sliced italian bread.

Lunch - Chef's Salad - with ham, turkey 1 slice american cheese, grape tomatoes, red onion and CROUTONS! :D French dressing (Ken's is my fave), and peach chunks.

Dinner - Rigatoni with meat sauce (I added extra vegetables in the sauce - green pepper, mushrooms and onion), green beans, 1 small piece of garlic bread.

I've got to work on the exercise... :shock:
Eileen

Eileen7316

Post by Eileen7316 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:59 am

Day 4

NoS "Epic fail" in the evening
Exercise

The day went pretty smoothly until dinner time. I think my inner child was rebelling. I was fixing dinner, when old habits just took over. I didn't even plate my food! Oh well, mark it and move on...

Fried egg sandwich on thin sliced italian bread.

Chef's salad, mixed vegetables and blueberry yogurt.

2 pork chops, leftover rigatoni, etc. etc. :oops:

Well, I guess I can't expect perfection; I have to remember that I am building habits. However, I must examine my thoughts and the rationalizations (lies) I'm telling myself DURING the meltdown, because regret always immediately follows.
Eileen

Eileen7316

Post by Eileen7316 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:56 pm

Okay, I'm starting over. :oops: I had a huge lapse there for a few days.

DAY 1

B: None (fasting)

L: Chicken noodle casserole, mixed vegetables, strawberry yogurt

D: Fish sandwich with home-made tartar sauce, tater tots, mixed vegetables.

I am committing to walking at least 30 minutes tonight.

Edited: I did not walk. I fell asleep at 6:00 PM and woke up at 8:00 PM, finished the dishes, did my bible study and went back to bed!
Eileen

Eileen7316

Post by Eileen7316 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:08 pm

DAY 2

B: Fasting

L: Taco Salad, blueberry yogurt

D: (Planned) Spinach lasagne, salad, garlic bread

Church tonight, so I doubt I'll be able to get in any exercise. We are doing a bible study on "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. It's a great book!
Last edited by Eileen7316 on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eileen

Eileen7316

Post by Eileen7316 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:03 am

DAY 3

B: Scrambled egg sandwich

L: Spinach lasagne, orange

D: 5 Chicken wings, ham sandwich

I didn't have any real servings of vegetables, and only 1 fruit, but at least everything fit on one plate.

I will do better on Friday!
Eileen