ruby's daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

ruby

ruby's daily check in

Post by ruby » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:10 am

I read about the nosdiet a year ago but didn't do it. I have been keeping the habitcalender for almost 2 months and it does help. I thought I would try this as well.
I plan to rarely weigh myself just focus on healthy habits. I think my jeans are a little roomier!

Today was labour day and I had just 2 meals. I went for my usual walk. I did some work to help insulate the attic. I call that weight lifting. The bags were 25 lbs each and I unloaded the trailer.

ruby

ruby's daily check in

Post by ruby » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:48 am

nosdiet: I had three meals today, I am still struggling with the portion issue I decided to try specifying exactly which dish I can use. A bowel that holds only 2 cups of liquid or an 8 1/2 inch plate. A glass of milk or water 8 oz, a slice of bread if I am having soup. I'll see if these rules help.

exercise: I walked twice usual today just because it was a lovely evening.

wts: I will only report if I do upper body exercise I havn't decided on a specific habit yet

ruby

sept 8

Post by ruby » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:35 pm

nosdiet: I stuck to the 8 1/2 inch plate today and just 3 meals today

exercise: my usual 30 min walk

wts: I dusted off the wt machine in the basement I decided I will commit to 10 min 5 days a week.

ruby

weekend

Post by ruby » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:17 am

I was away from any computer for friday and sat

friday S day
saturday S day
sunday success

exercise friday nil
saturday sucess
sunday sucess

wts nil all weekend

ruby

success

Post by ruby » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:59 am

Today I was successful on all three Nosdiet, walking and weight lifting.

I really find using the 8 1/2 inch plate at supper helps. I feel I was so duped to think I thought a 12 inch plate was appropriate. When I look at people in public and see how many of us are overweight I feel angry. Why did dinner plates go from 9" to 12" in the 1960's?

ruby

two days

Post by ruby » Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:46 am

tuesday and wed were success on all three

tuesday I was at a meeting and food was offered after. It was already 8:45 and I felt good deciding it was just to late to eat so much.

I have been weighing myself daily for a few days and it has been encouraging that I have lost 3 lbs. I being 49 1/2 yrs will likely be a slow loser. I can accept that. I can live with this diet for the rest of my life so so what if it is slow. Anyways I think I won't weigh myself so often I might start eating larger portions. It is hard to undo a lifetime of habit.

ruby

Post by ruby » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:47 am

thursday sucess with nosdiet and walking I didn't to the wt lifting

ruby

Post by ruby » Fri Sep 24, 2010 12:49 pm

I am not going to do this daily check in anymore.
I will just do the habitcal