gk's daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Thu Dec 23, 2010 2:23 pm

Greta -
So glad you had a great day yesterday! I thought all your meals looked really healthy and I bet you will lose again this week.

Yes, feel free to email me! I check the boards daily but am taking a little break from logging on my own thread. I think I will resume after Christmas. I just really want to enjoy this week with my kids off school and not worry about having to post 'failure' if I ate an M&M or bite of a cookie with my kids. I'm realizing what a perfectionist I am!! I'd rather post nothing than have to post failure! Maybe I should just log what I'm eating and not associate failure or success with it.

I definitely am trying to stay as close to No S as I can during this week, but I've definitely been enjoying something sweet here and there. I still find it hard to stop when I eat something sweet and that just really reinforces that No S is such a great way for me to live. (I did jump on the scale today and I haven't gained any weight, so I guess whatever I'm doing can't be all that bad!! I think the running is helping with that ;)

Keep up the great work! You are so close to your goal and you have done such a great job the past month. I have been so impressed and happy for you!!! I hope your personal stresses subside. Know that I am sending positive thoughts your way!

Lisa

sidney202

Post by sidney202 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:19 pm

Greta,

I am just catching up on your posts and I am glad to see that after a slight waver, you are right back on track! I am looking forward to the day (coming very soon, I am sure) when you will hit your goal. You have been a big inspiration to me in my few weeks on the program, so just know that I am pulling for you.

moderatemeals

Post by moderatemeals » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:48 pm

Greta -
Hope you are having a great day! Merry Christmas and hope you have a wonderful holiday season!

Lisa

Over43

Post by Over43 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:00 pm

Merry Christmas.
Bacon is the gateway meat. - Anthony Bourdain
You pale in comparison to Fox Mulder. - The Smoking Man

I made myself be hungry, then I would get hungrier. - Frank Zane Mr. Olympia '77, '78, '79