New Strawberry Roan Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:35 pm

Saturday morning, 144 here - puffy from chili, pizza, salad, lots of salt yesterday.

Enjoyed the birthday food - and the CHEESCAKE, it was from Aldis - better than the basic mix, I made it with cream (diluted) instead of 2pct miilk, made it taste better and had a more natural color. Hubby loved it and that is all that mattered.

Will watch what I eat today, detox a bit if you will - I am actually enjoying this game of trying to stay in the 140-145 range. Son and his wife are hosting a bar b que birthday party for hubby tomorrow after church, that should be fun.

Always easy at work - I eat exactly what I take and nothing else.
So those threee days a week should keep me on track,
maybe 8)

Got in my 45 mins of exercise, I really feel worse if I miss it - literally!

To your health,

:roll:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:04 am

Friday morning, been gone a few days.

Everything is going well, eating plenty - exercising as planned.

Very, very busy at work and home.

To your health all,

:wink:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:21 pm

Sunday morning, 143 pounds.

Eating just about anything I want, I suppose. Actually I feel better when I eat less but am trying to maintain in this range for now as my face, neck and clothes are in agreement right now :D

My belly says, Uh, you could stand to lose a few more but we just ignore 8)

Beautiful day, downright cold though over night - 36 degrees. Need to start bringing in some of the houseplants and miniature roses that I winter over. Recently got a HUGE fern for the funeral but not sure if I will bring it in or let it winter over in an outbuilding and then bring it back to lfe next Spring. They can get pretty messy indoors, that I do know.

Hope this find everybody doing well. I didn't get in my formal exercise yesterday but I did get in a long walk so that was even better.
Berry

mailgirl

Post by mailgirl » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:38 pm

Such an inspiring thread!

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:16 pm

mailgirl wrote:Such an inspiring thread!
How very sweet of you.

Just my daily ramblings, I have learned so much from this site - being here is what keeps me honest as I post my true weight, food intake and exercise routine.

142 this morning, got in some yardwork and all of my formal exercise yesterday. Have noticed a few things lately - I used to grab for the cherry string licorice and eat maybe five or six ( :shock: ) before I stopped. Now I eat one and that is enough. Same with tortilla chips or something, I used to pour a bunch in a bowl, add some salsa or cheese or sour cream (or all three) - mind you this wasn't dinner, just a snack. Last time I ate chips, I got two out of the bag and ate them. I got the taste of them so it was enough.

Been eating well, taking soup, cheese and crackers, etc. to work with fruit (Love the little individual rolls of Ritz crackers, one rolls lasts two or three days and doesn't get stale like the whole box does.)

Usually have a big salad at night - last night followed by pizza and one cheese stick. Shared a pizaa with the hubby - pepperoni on his side. cheese and veggies on mine. Have one piece left, will eat with soup or something for lunch. Off work today so I am going to the store to buy some more fresh fruits and veggies. Craving some cantaloupe.

Have to go and catch up on my reading of the check ins, been awfully busy lately.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:42 pm

Somehow, I wasn't getting your check-ins. Glad I'm back in the loop.
Count plates, not calories. 11 years "during"
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
1/12-26.8 3/13-24.9 +/- 8-lb. 3 yrs
9/17 22.8 (flux) 3/18 22.2
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

There is no S better than Vanilla No S (mods now as a senior citizen)

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:00 pm

Hi oolala :D

Doing great, spent the day out with friends, ate a small chili and small fries at Wendy's. Hubby and I went out to our favorite restaurant (Mexican) last night - had my usual chalupa, chile relenno and cheese quesadilla - had a few chips and salsa but not dozens :roll:

Went to the movies afterwards to see Secretariat - LOVED it. Ate just a few pieces of popcorn and didn't even want that but hubby kept saying, Oh, have some - it is good. It was okay but I was still pretty stuffed from the dinner.

Planning on making oven baked pork chops for dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy and probably corn or green beans or glazed carrots or something. NO - WAIT !!! I bougt sweet potatoes today. There ya go. an oven baked sweet potato - hot and steaming, with butter. Oh yeah...

Staying in my goal range, keeping with the exercise - I still weigh every morning and evening. If my morning weight is ever 145, I eat very lightly that day.

To your health all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:59 pm

Hello journal and journalers.

Been very, very busy lately. Lots to do at work and home but had to check in to keep on track.

Weighed 144 this morning. Doing okay, been eating more junk than I should at work again (darn those huge candy bowls :shock: )

But, did pretty good yesterday and am off work for the next four days so that is, as Martha would say, a good thing.

Went to lunch with a volunteer group, ate healthy veggie soup, had a big salad, the entree was spaghetti and meatballs, I skipped the meat. Had a homemade snickerdoodle cookie for dessert - okiay, okay two. But, I drank UNSWEETENED tea,

Okay 8)

Haven't gotten in my structured exercise every day but have been walking at lunch - plan to do a half hour on the bike and the same on the glider this afternoon.

Gotta go read some other journals and see how my fellow healty eaters are doing,
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Sun May 15, 2011 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:21 pm

WHAAAAAAA :cry: My scale is not working correctly. I weighed 148 :shock: and then I stepped on it again and it said 143 :D then it said E (error) Oh well, I need a new battery.

I will go with 145 just to be safe.

Doing pretty good, getting in the exercise for the most part and eating fine. Had the veggie delight from Subway yesterday for lunch (saved half for lunch today) and ate a veggie Mexican dish last night at our favorite restaurant.

I do know that if I eat more than I like to, I feel "heavy" inside, like I am constantly digesting food - Uh, yeah, guess I am. I feel much "lighter" overall regardless of weight if I make the right food choices.

But, this was fun - I was at work talking with a couple of the other ladies. One said I love your jacket (tweed cropped, multicolor, zipper style), I said, Well, then you can borrow it sometime.
She said, Oh yeah, skinny minnie, like it would fit me :roll:

Hardly skinny but it stil was better than hearing the alternative 8)

Wishing all my fellow journalers a healthy, happy day
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:23 pm

I doubt you would have heard the alternative, even if some one had been thinking it!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:12 pm

Hello all,

Wasn't the battery in the scale (finally got around to getting a new 9V today, used the others in the smoke alarms :roll:

Scale is all over the place from 142 to 151 within minutes - I am going to go with the 145 as my clothes feel about like that weight, my face, etc. Not much lower for sure. Hopefully not 151 :shock: :shock: :shock:

I guess I will look for a new scale, this one has to be ten years old and I have weighted A LOT on it. Maybe a digital then I can obsess over the tenths of a pound. Yeah, that's for all I need.....

Eating well, more sweets than I should, need to watch that - especially with the holidays coming up. Have been getting in lots of fruits and veggies tho, still have a huge salad almost every day. Gotta lay off the goodies a work - but really, gourmet yummies - FREE... One of the perks of working for wealthy lawyers I suppose.....

Hope everybody is doing well,
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:49 pm

Did I ask this before? Are you eating sweets on weekdays?

Speaking of, did you see the thread on the junk food diet stunt on the main board?
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:06 pm

oolala53 wrote:Did I ask this before? Are you eating sweets on weekdays?

Speaking of, did you see the thread on the junk food diet stunt on the main board?
I read about the Twinkie/junk food diet, makes sense in that reducing calories works, I just think I would do better on a salty junkfood diet :D

OH MY GOODNESS, I am so far off the wagon, I am eating sweets in my dreams...Weekdays, weeknights, weekends. And I don't even like sweets that much, the stuff is just everywhere - at home, at work, Oh wait, I know what I can do. Just not eat it 8) What crazy talk.

As you can see, I am guessing my weight at 147 - still not sure what I weigh but I can tell by my jeans that I am past 145. But, I love a challenge - Thanksgiving is over so I am back on track. I actually do so much better when I have weight to lose. Maintaining is harder for me, if my weight is down, I eat - then my weight is up. Duh.. But, I swore that I would not allow myself to leave the 40's so I won't.

So, what do we have in the fridge besides the semi healthy food like yams, dressing, turkey, etc.

Uh, that would be Pink Fluffy dessert, pumpkin pie, coconut cream pie, pumpkin praline cheesecake topped with pecan halves, not to mention the whipped cream and ice cream and oh yeah, the Cosmos and red wine I have enjoyed this week. But, it was a lot of food and family and fun.

I honestly don't like the feeling of eating a lot of food, not to mention how I feel later on, going to bed with that "full" feeling.

So, here goes. I will just eat my three NO S until I am back in the 143-145 range. If I eat a sweet, it will be as part of the meal.

Hope this finds you and all my fellow journalers doing well.

Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Nov 30, 2010 7:02 pm

Hello Journal,

Tuesday afternoon here, sitting in the office hard at work 8)

Feel much better today, ate a blueberry bagel for breakfast yesterday and half a baked potato, salad (with salsa for dressing) and a couple chunks of Texas toast for dinner. That's it. I really just ordered the salad but people felt pity on me at the table where we were dining with friends and threw food on my plate. :P

Haven't eaten anything yet today (it is 1:00) and won't until after work. Think I will have a salad again, I 'm sorta mini-fasting. Don't feel puffy or anything anymore (like I did on Sunday) - clothes fit fine. Not sure what I weigh but I am keeping the 147 until the weekend when I shall break down and buy a scale. Can't stand not knowing........

Haven't touched the leftover desserts from the weekend, still have pumpkin praline pecan encrusted cheesecake and a yummy pumpkin pie - if hubby doesn't eat the stuff soon I will give it away.

We were talking at work about all the goodies that will fill the office from clients that we have worked with throughout the year. I will allow myself to enjoy them to a point but not to excess.

honest :roll:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Dec 05, 2010 5:00 am

Happy Saturday night.

Broke down and got a new scale, stepped on it with fear and trepidation
- 147 at the end o the day. I can live with that the week after Thanksgiving. My plan is to stay below 150 throughout the holidays because I always attack January in the New You New Year mode.

Feeling pretty good, every once in a while something will feel a little snug but then something else will be a little loose the next day. The beauty of a huge wardrobe.

Ate an icecream sundae tonight and had a Cosmo (but not together).

That would be just crazy.

Hope everybody is doing well, I have been a bit slack on my exercise, have to get back on track. I have been thrown off ever since the time changed for some reason, really tired at night. Or else that is just an excuse, probably the latter.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:41 pm

Happy Sunday Journal and fellow Journalers.

BRRRR, it is 14 degrees with a 35 mph wind blowing. Snow on the ground and we are going to church! :roll:

Just weighed, 147, holding strong. Not really worrying too much about the extra cookie or piee of peanut butter fudge right now - as long as I stay in this range that is. Should I see 150 on the scale, it will be a liquids only day I am certain. Not exercising daily as I should but probably every other day. I sure miss being able to walk outside, both for my mental and physical health. Hope my mind holds 'til Spring.

All ready for Christmas, just waiting for something I ordered from Amazon for the hubby and I am all set. Almost afraid to look outside this morning, I wouldn't doubt all of my Christmas decorations have blown away :shock:

Hope everybody is enjoying the real reason for the season, as they say, and not getting overly stressed.

To your health,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:10 pm

Hi guys,
Haven't been able to access the boards for a couple of weeks, kept throwing me back to the log in page.
But, I am here - not gong to weigh until February 1.st - think I am still under 150 though which is good considering I have eaten a lot. A LOT !
However, I weighed 162 on January 1 2009 so I am ahead of the game, I am sure.

Gotta get back to exercising, had a bunch of Christmas stuff stored in the exercise room but cleared it out yesterday.

Feel pretty good overall, clothes fitting fine - husband said the other day I was too thin. He is such a crazy, crazy man.

Wishing all a healthy, happy new year. Hope to be 145 or so on February 1.st

We shall see.
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:07 pm

Weird about your not being able to get on the boards, but welcome back. You've had a good year, and I hope to follow your lead and reach 145 this year, too.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

TexArk

Post by TexArk » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Let's hear it for the 145 Club. I plan to be there to STAY before the end of 2011.

Those who reach goal need to stay on board to encourage the rest of the troupe. I think Maintainers need online support as much as if not more so than those who are on the way down.
24.7 bmi Feb. 2019
26.1 bmi Sept. 2018
31.4 bmi July 2017

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 3:49 pm

Hi oolala and Tex Ark.

First let me say that I meant January 1st, I will weigh, not February. That would be just toooo crazy :shock:

I agree that maintenance is my problem. If I eat well, even three full meals a day, I lose weight. Probably because I don't eat meat for the most part, lots of veggies and fruits, salads every day. Love soups. I don't like the feeling of overeating or being too full so second helpings isn't really an issue.

But, should I lose more weight than planned and start looking too thin (haggard, if you will) , I overcompensate and eat too much.

But, that's what makes it so interesting, learning the balance. I am doing much better the last couple of years, mainly due to the sanity of this board and all my fellow posters here.

I haven't eaten any junk at all today. Ate at Pizza Inn with the hubby yesterday - we got a large (half meat/half veggie) and brought a lot of it home with us. I will have the end of the veggie with a salad tongiht. Haven't eaten any cookies or candy since Sunday, probably have had my fill of junk for now. But, the holidays are special times, that almsot makes them all S days, now doesn't it?

8)
Berry

kccc

Post by kccc » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:03 am

Nice to see you here again, Berry! :)

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:30 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!! :D

So, here's the damage. Just weighed, 152, weighed 151 yesterday but my official weigh in of 2011 is 152 - drat that chips and dip last night :roll: What I like best about this board is that I am always totally honest here, with myself and my journal (ers).

Let's recap, weighed about ten pounds more on January 1 2009, eight pounds more six months ago so I guess I am still ahead. I actually stuffed in some cookies yesterday because they are still there and they tasted about as good as cookies made ten days or so ago deserved to.

Back exercising, that feels good.

Will be going back to work on Monday after two weeks off. I will do much much better there as I only eat what I take with me.

Looking forward to a healthy happy year, have no doubt that I will be back in the 145 range in a couple weeks, being a bit thinner in the summer is better as I am wearing jackets, sweaters, etc. now anyway.

I will try to weigh every day and record, that keeps me honest.

:P

To your health all,
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:07 pm

KCCC wrote:Nice to see you here again, Berry! :)

Thanks a lot. :D
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:39 pm

Sunday Morning coming down - it has been a long week Being off work and the holidays has really thrown me off.

Went to a 60th wedding anniversary celebration yesterday afternoon. So sweet, they are an adorable couple and still so much in love. Had a little square of their cake (had whipped cream icing which felt light and fluffy as opposed to the usual bakery icing) Had a cup of overly sweet punch, naturally, part of the process :roll:

Just had a dish of Mexican rice for dinner and then had a couple of the leftover Christmas cookes with some coffee. Also just had one with a cupe of morning coffee, my stomach was really really empty to the point of feeling a little ill. But now I am better and won't have any more.

Down a pound this morning, it will fluctuate but I think it will settle below 150 by mid week - that's the goal at least.

Will go out for dinner with friends after church, plan to have a dinner salad with salsa as the dressing and water.

To your health,
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:16 am

Welcome back. It didn't take you long to get to goal last year. I'm sure you'll be back soon. And as you might remember, I think you probably look pretty good in the interim.

I've lost touch with your plan these days. Are you doing basically Vanilla No S, or do you have some mods?
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:27 am

oolala53 wrote:Welcome back. It didn't take you long to get to goal last year. I'm sure you'll be back soon. And as you might remember, I think you probably look pretty good in the interim.

I've lost touch with your plan these days. Are you doing basically Vanilla No S, or do you have some mods?

Hi there, thanks for the good thoughts.

I am doing pretty strict NO S right now, purifying from the sweets, etc. I have been drinking hot lemon water at work and green tea, don't really eat much until late afternoon/dinner. I feel much better - lighter already.

I weighed 150 yesterday, 149 this morning.

Back in the 140's

:D
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:08 pm

Hi there, just checking in. Things are going fine - staying in the high 140's, probably will be satisfied here until closer to summer - feel better at about 145 or so when I am just wearing t shirts with jeans, etc. and not have the extra layers to cover any flab around the middle. Love those winter blazers :D

Still eating too much junk, but after I have purged all the post holiday excess, I will not be buying any of that stuff for a while at least.

Back to work tomorrow, I always eat better at work than I do at home. :wink:

Been exercising every day so that is back on track.

To your health, all.
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:14 pm

I eat better at work, too.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:49 pm

Happy Saturday all.

Thought I had better check in. Still holding in the high 140.s Eating SO much better and exercising a LOT. So glad to see the approach of Spring. We had two feet of snow last week, it is starting to melt so that will be a lovely mess but it is going to go from minus 12 actually temp to 65 within the week. WOO HOO. I am anxious to be able to start outdoor walking again. We bought a new Ab machine (the one Montel endorses). It REALLY works, I do at least a hundred reps twice a day and can already see the definition in the mid section beginning to peek out. Jeans and tshirt weather around the corner, gotta get going.......

Made homemade veggie soup a couple days ago, been having it for lunch. Had broccoli and cauliflower with some melted cheese for dinner last night. Too yummy. Probably will have yogurt and Kashi lean cereal mixed together for breakfast, soup for lunch and we will go out for pizza tonight. Don't know if I will need any snacks or sweets or not. I have really been trying to eat clean.(er)

To your health all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Feb 24, 2011 8:38 pm

Checking in to say Hey to all my fellow No S er's.

Everything is going great, weight is stable in the high 140s, I am eating really clean (as I like to call it) and exercising at least 45 mins a day, have a little circuit training thing going with the bike, stairstepper, gazelle and ab machine. I love the feeling of working out, been doing some light weights, the body blades and some basic stuff like side bends and stretching stuff that I first did in grade school. I am very grateful to have a spare bedroom that we turned into an exercise room so I can watch tv or listen to music or talk radio while I work out, time really flies.

Feels so much better to be in control. I think I am shooting for 145 by the end of March. THEN I have to figure out how to maintain. I always lose when I do the NO S the right way just have a problem with maintenance.

To your health all,[size=0][/size]
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:39 pm

I'm so glad there was a notice from the No S site in my mailbox. I was just wavering on going across the street to buy junk and eat. I think work stress is getting to me. I've just got to make it 90 minutes to dinner. Glad you have got the whole program going!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:04 pm

Always good to see you oolala,

Been going great, here it is the weekend and the only S I have had is a piece of really good dark chocolate from the little box I got the hubby for Valentine's Day, it was the last piece and he MADE me eat it. 8)

Have been eating a lot of salads, homemade veggie soups, good crusty breads, string cheese, boiled eggs, stuff like that.

Weigh 145, back to my goal weight which is good. I will try to maintain here or within a pound or two lower. Been getting in at least 45 mins of vigorous exercise a day plus 200 reps on the ab machine. This morning my pulse was 49. Yeah....

Having a big chef salad for dinner, drenched with pomegranate red wine vinegar, love the croutons soaked in vinegar!!!!! Last night I was eating a salad and asked the hubby if he wanted a bite, He said sure, I speared him a seedless red grape and gave it to him. He ate it and then said, UH, you didn't tell me it was drenched in vinegar. Oops.

I think I am making him a salmon patty with some deli potato salad and macaroni salad that I bought and will doctor up a bit to make it more "homemade". Will give the kitty the rest of the salmon as I only make one patty. :D We rarely eat the same thing as I don't really eat meat, fish, chicken, unless it is part of a casserole or in chili or ham and beans or something then I pick around it.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:34 am

Happy March !
Doing great, feeling great, looking great :lol: Oh wait, I just made up that last one.

Tomorrow is my birthday and yesterday my bosses at work bought and had installed a whole new computer system, with a new cool keyboard and wireless mouse, etc. Sorta had a mixed matched set before. Looks much better and is so super fast. I get to do the internet at work because it has to be on in the background all the time as we do a lot of quick research - Google me this, Google me that kinda stuff so I am happy it is fast. They don't care if I check out other sites if I have time so I read here and try to catch up on everybody when I can. They also said,
Now this means you can never ever quit working here, okay?
That made me feel good. My bosses are so great, whenever they leave work for me to do from when they have come in over the weekend (leaving it on my desk for Mondays), it always has a cute note on it like, Work your magic !! with a happy face - stuff like that. I could not love my job more.

Didn't eat much yesterday, no breakfast except hot lemon water - I try to cleanse my system a bit on Mondays, just had pretzels for lunch (not as a snack as I have to have salt because of low blood pressure) and then had spaghetti with salsa for the sauce and grilled garlic bread from my crusty asiago cheese loaf for dinner. I was going to eat an orange with dinner but wasn't hungry for it.

I am finding what I did last time I took No S seriously, I have to buy SO MUCH LESS food which, sadly, only proved that I was the one doing most of the snacking around here. :roll:
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:46 pm

I bet you are looking great, too! :)
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:16 am

Hey, Berry. Thanks so very much for stopping by and giving me some encouragement that I REALLY need right now! I am in this for the long haul. I know it works. I am just trying to take it one day at a time and follow it all the way. Consistency is my biggest weakness.....

Happy Birthday tomorrow. Mine is in a week or so. People born in March are awesome...ha!

See ya around.
Amy

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:08 pm

You are welcome Amy, thanks for saying hi :wink: It really is a journey we are on to a happier healthier lifestyle for the long haul.

And thanks for the birthday wishes !

I survived the birthday celebrations thus far, about three pounds up but I am hoping most of that is salt as I did eat at the local Mexican restaurant twice in the past three days! Had a wonderful time, tho, the first with my boss and co-worker and last night with the hubby. But, back on track and plan to be eating healthy and exercising as planned today.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:09 pm

oolala53 wrote:I bet you are looking great, too! :)

I look like this today :shock: - too many chips and salsa. But, I will look like this again soon 8)

Good to see you....
Berry

NoSRocks

Post by NoSRocks » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:06 am

YAY!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY BERRY AND TOBIASMOM!! I too have a birthday in March and I agree - March people (Pisceans in particular) are indeed AWESOME@@@!!!!!!!

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:00 pm

Hey, thanks so much and Happy Birthday to all my fellow Pisceans :D

Doing great with the exercise thing, loving the new ab machine :wink:

Could eat better, am working on it. Weight is staying okay but I just don't like the feeling of eating too much I think what I am going to have to do is make Thursday and Fridays my S days - I work M, T and W so I feel like Th and F are my weekends and sorta pick at snacks (even if they are healthy ones like grapes and cheese sticks and yogurt, it still is just too much extra food) on those days and tend to make the hubby a bigger breakfast cause I am off work.

I am going to treat today as an N day and tomorrow, yeah that's the plan 8)
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:39 pm

Hello Journal and Journalers :D

Doing great, trying to eat better at work has really been a challenge as the bosses keep the place stocked with lots of yummy stuff - whenever the female boss brings in a bag of goodies, We Scream, MOM, what did you buy us? (Even though she is 20 years younger than me ) :roll:

Today for breakfast I just ate strawberry yogurt with some Kashi crunch in it and half a whole grain berry bagel. I actually had planned to eat the yogurt and the whole bagel but realized I was full so I saved half of each in the fridge for tomrrow.

For lunch I ate one of the Healthy Select vegetarian soups and about ten Ritz Crackers. I have been known to eat the entire sleeve at one setting so that is progress.

Last night hubby said I looked tired after work so we stopped by Subway and got stuff to go. I got the foot long Veggie Delite with everything on it and drizzled with fat free honey mustard sauce and vinegar. Ate half and that was plenty, will eat the rest tonight.

I was SO exhausted that I almost didn't exercise, but I managed to get in about twenty minutes or so on the Gazelle before it was time to watch tv with the hubby so I felt that was fine. I do my ab work in the morning so that was already covered. I try to not miss a day of exercise and have done great since Christmas.

Hoping everybody is healthy and happy. It is supposed to be in the seventies tomorrow so I am walking during my lunch hour for the first time since last Fall. WOO HOO, can't wait to see all thre Spring flowers in bloom.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:07 pm

Yeah, got my walking in yesterday. Felt so good but climbing up that last steep hill had me a bit winded. But, I will get used to it again. Exercising outside in no way compares to the indoor equipment - I never get out of breath in my exercise room :D

Ate the other half of my yogurt/Kashi crunch and bagel for breakfast yesterday, sipped on hot lemon water or tea all morning, drank cold water all afternoon. Ate a can of Healthy Select minestrone soup and about ten Ritz crackers for lunch - ate a baked potato with butter/sour cream for dinner with some of the hubby's turkey gravy over a piece of crusty bread (an open faced turkey sandwich without the turkey :roll: ) It was great, also had a handful of crispy, cold green grapes to round out my plate as it was a bit colorless.

Off work today, going to a committee meeting, there will be a full lunch with salad bar, etc. I am thinking about taking my own red wine/pomegranate vinegar as I don't trust any of their dressings, they are all in cruets so I have no idea what I am getting and nobody seems to know if any of the choices are "healthy". We are an informal bunch so nobody will be shocked if I pull a little bottle out of my purse. I will then eat the vegetables from the main dish, maybe a dinner roll and a dessert if there is an option like fruit or something. I am not eating breakfast, this is an early lunch/ brunch so I will virtually plate two meals together I suppose.

Have a great St. Pat's Day all.

(Edited to add, lunch was great. I had a hot bowl of vegetable rice soup, a big salad (used their honey mustard dressing as I am not really counting calories, it was fresh and good), a bit of sauerkraut as I haven't eaten any in years (remembered why :( ), part of a baked potato, a dinner roll and a fruit dish. It wasn't an N meal but I enjoyed every bite. :D

Will eat a very light dinner, if any.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:45 am

Just stopping by to say HEY !

Things are going well, I am not eating as "clean" as I should but the weight is staying in the 145-150 range so that's not the issue, I just feel better the better I eat so I am going to try harder.

Haven't had any problems at all with the exercise, have been getting even more now that the weather is better and I can walk outside and do yardwork, etc. Raked for about an hour yesterday, leaves and sticks and other stuff in the flower beds. Lots of bending over and picking up stuff. Even have some blisters on my hands but it felt great. Beats shoveling 20 inches of snow in minus 12 degree weather, that's for sure.

Hope everybody is doing well and enjoying Spring.

To your health,

Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:07 pm

I don't appreciate nearly enough our lovely weather in San Diego. Glad you're taking advantage. I'm enjoying looking out of my windows seeing the hummingbirds whirring in on the hanging red geranium and the cape honeysuckle that winds into the tangerines. So lucky!
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri May 13, 2011 7:55 pm

Thought I had better stop by and check on my fellow Nosers :D

Gotta get more serious about this thing, the pounds are creeping back up to the 150 range, just at the time of the year that I need to wear less clothes (well, not drastically less :shock: , just not blazers and coats, etc.) Exercise is going well but the snacks and sweets are becoming an issue again. But, today I put some leftover brownies in the freezer as the hubby said he didn't want them right now and I am going to get back on track.

Hope everybody is doing well on here,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri May 13, 2011 7:56 pm

oolala53 wrote:I don't appreciate nearly enough our lovely weather in San Diego. Glad you're taking advantage. I'm enjoying looking out of my windows seeing the hummingbirds whirring in on the hanging red geranium and the cape honeysuckle that winds into the tangerines. So lucky!

Sounds heavenly, enjoy :wink: Do you really have tangerine trees?
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat May 14, 2011 5:32 am

I have an orange, lemon, loquat, tangerine, and avocado tree. I don't get many avos, though.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat May 14, 2011 4:14 pm

oolala53 wrote:I have an orange, lemon, loquat, tangerine, and avocado tree. I don't get many avos, though.

How cool that would be, not even sure what a loquat is, will have to Google :D

Ate a very healthy breakfast of oatmeal (whole oats) with raisins and cinnamon with one slice of whole wheat toast with peanut butter. Drank some Superfruit RedGogi berry tea, not sure what that is either? :roll:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat May 14, 2011 7:12 pm

Found out what a louquat is, how cool - what a pretty bush/tree?

Okay, will now post lunch. Think I do better if I am more accountable.

Homemade egg salad on two pieces of whole wheat toast, water and more GogiBerry tea.

Dinner will be a big salad along with whatever veggies I make the hubby to go with his pork chop.

Or at least that is the plan.

Feeling strong :D''

Edited - well, the best laid plans. Had a very large baked sweet potato with just some butter and a side dish of spinach fettuccine instead. Drank water - wanted a diet soda but I do much better when I abstain from them as well. Will eat no more before bedtime.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun May 15, 2011 5:51 pm

Happy Sunday all,

No breakfast, just a few cups of hot lemon tea before church. Ate a cheeseburger on whole wheat bread for lunch, coffee/french vanilla creamer (sugar free, not that it matters but I prefer the taste) an two little spinach cream cheese appetizer thingies leftover from a couple nights ago - rewarmed in the microwave, not great but not they're gone

Planning on one of the healthy Progresso chicken noodle soups and leftover cornbread for dinner,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon May 16, 2011 2:42 pm

Happy Monday all,

Ended up having a big chef salad (no meat but cheese and egg and lots of yummy veggies, had raspberry vineegrette dressing (too sweet so I thinned it with pomegranate vinegar). Drank water and later Sleepytime tea.

Had one cup of strawberry low fat yogurt (or so it says 8) ) with a handful of Kashi Go Lean crunch mixed in for breakfast - then my co-worker marches in with fresh from the bakery bagels and cream cheese. i declined as I had already eaten. Yeah ME !!

Lunch will be the previously mentioned Progresso soup and cornbread, looking forward to it. That is the main thing I notice on this plan, I look forward to meals more.

Not sure about dinner, we might go to Subway. If so I would have the Veggie Delite 12 inch with vinegar and oil dressing - save half for lunch tomorrow.

We shall see. Got in some exercise last night, not as much as normal but enough to keep my muscles stretched so I don't get leg cramps at night. Will get in the complete 45 min cycle tonight.

Ended up eating a small bowl of chicken and dumplings and more leftover corn bread for dinner - but never fear I made two batches :D

Drank a diet soda at lunch, tasted good because I haven't been drinking two or three a day. Will probably have one with lunch each day and that will be it. Had water with dinner and will have some more Sleepytime tea before bed.

Got in my exercise earlier tonight and that felt great. No snacks today, no sweets. Everything is going well.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue May 17, 2011 4:57 pm

Happy Tuesday,

Breakfast at work - lowfat strawbery yogurt and Kashi Go Lean crunch (co worker brought in a caramel apple coffeecake which I declined as I had already eaten.)

Lunch was a can of Select Harvest caramelized french onion soup and the last piece of cornbread :cry: Never fear, I'll make more !!! Never had the soup before and it was very good, I don't really count calories per se but did notice that it was 80 calories per serving, two servings to the can.
Am drinking my Diet Dr. Pepper and it tastes great. Would have gone for a walk but it is a bit cool and windy. Maybe tomorrow.

We are having homemade egg salad on marbled rye toast sandwiches for dinner with tomato soup probably. Sounds good to me :D

ETA Dinner as planned, tasted great and was filling. Drank iced water and coffee with french vanilla coffee. Finished for the day, got in my exercise and feel great. 8)
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed May 18, 2011 1:05 pm

Happy Wednesday All,

Just had my yogurt/Kashi crunch breakfast, am drinking hot lemon ginger tea, had a cup of coffee wtih french vanilla creamer at home.

Think I will have a peanut butter/honey sandwich for lunch, will drink tea all day as the boss keeps the kitchen stocked with dozens and dozens of different kinds. ( Ate as planned, added a dozen or so pretzel sticks - not half a bag like I would have last week, and a Diet Dr.Pepper)

Not sure about dinner yet. I was just thinking as I was getting ready for work this morning and felt so much thinner after eating right for the past few days :D that with this plan I really feel like I am doing something amazing yet I am really just eating the way a person is supposed to. Strange, huh? I am amazed at how many times the past week I have looked in the cabinet and saw the pretzels, chips, cookies, red licorice strings (my weakness), etc. that I would just reach for out of habit not hunger.

Dinner ended up being leftover tomato soup (hot in a cup, I drank it) and a grilled cheese sandwich, real comfort food. :wink: Got in my exercise while hubby was watching Wheel of Fortune, still doing the circuit of biking, stairstepper and Gazelle. Felt great.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu May 19, 2011 7:57 pm

Happy Thursday :D

Didn't eat any breakfast, went to a committee meeting/ lunch and ate steamed carrots, green beans, homemade dinner roll, sliced peaches, salad and a grilled ham/cheese sandwich (odd combo but I didn't want the other entree of glazed chicken breasts - the glaze???? is what I was unsure of). Way more carbs than I needed but I picked at the dinner roll while I was drinking coffee - also drank unsweetened tea and fatfree chocolate milk.

Won't eat anything but a salad for dinner, got lots of good healthy salad fixings when I went shopping - also got some great green tea selections and some rye/pumpernickel swirl bread to make grilled cheese sandwiches (or peanut butter sandwiches for work). Drinking Lemon Zinger tea right now colored with red hibiscus leaves.

Feeling strong, will get in my exercise this evening.

To your health, all,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri May 20, 2011 2:12 pm

Happy Friday All :D

Just had breakfast, two fluffy pancakes with sugar free syrup (only because I got it accidentally once and we both prefer the taste and texture) - don't purposely buy sugar free, fat free, etc.

Drank a couple cups of coffee with french vanilla creamer, have switched to ice water now.

Will make a fat salad for lunch (uh, no I didn't - had a peanut butter on rye/pumpernickel toast and a Diet Dr. Pepper, tasted great and very filling.) and probably have the same for dinner with a couple pieces of pizza. Love my salads with about ten extra veggies thrown in - think I will add dried cranberries and or apricots as well. ( Ate dinner exactly as planned, got in my exercise - even 15 minutes extra).

8) :wink:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat May 21, 2011 3:52 pm

Happy Saturday All,

Rain/Sun/Rain/Sun - I'm getting dizzy :roll:

Ate a bowl of Cinnamon Cheerios with 2pct milk for breakfast, - two cups of coffee with cinnamon vanilla creamer, now I am drinking hot lemon water, plan to stay strict today as we are attending a gradation party tomorrow afternoon, a whole hot roast with all the fixings... (I won't be eating any hog). But I will be eating some yummy side dishes and desserts!

Not sure about lunch or dinner today, something healthy for sure.

And I will definitely get in my exercise. I'm on a mission, a flab free summer mission. :D
Berry

Who Me?

Post by Who Me? » Sat May 21, 2011 4:45 pm

Sounds like you're going very well![/img]

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun May 22, 2011 11:33 am

Thanks a lot Who Me?... :wink:

Let's see, yesterday went well. I had an apple and pretzels for a snack I suppose, maybe it was lunch. I had a big salad as planned for dinner and maybe a half cup of plain spaghetti - really was testing it. Hubby ate his later with sauce, cheese, etc. My salad was filling enough I skipped the entree. :D

Will eat no breakfast today other than my coffee with french vanilla creamer, will enjoy whatever I want at the party this afternoon which will also be dinner.

Got in all my scheduled exercise, plus extra work on the Ab machine and a lot of outdoor yard work. Feel a bit sore but that's a great feeling.

Enjoy your Sunday, all.

Okay, survived the pig roast. Had a wonderful, wonderful time. No pig, of course. I very rarely eat meat, only if it is incorporated into something else and I don't want to make a big production (like chili, ham and beans, etc.). No PETA member or anything, I just am not that into meat.

Ate a spoonful of about six side dishes, all kinds of stuff, all good. Ate one small piece of cake, it was wonderful. Everybody at the table said they were stuffed, I was just comfortably full. Drank unsweetened tea and water. Wore my tightest jeans, that helped. Seriously. I think that elastic waist pants were the downfall of the American society :o

Heading into the exercise room, will eat no more today. Psyched for yet another week. (and even more psyched that the jeans fit) 8)
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon May 23, 2011 6:06 pm

Happy Monday All,

Ate a peanut butter and all fruit jelly on one slice of toast "sandwich" for breakfast, so far have had pretzels and a Diet Dr Pepper for lunch but will add another slice of peanutbutter/jelly toast. (Never got around to the second pband j toast, very very busy at work today). Will then add a healthy salad with egg/cheese/different kinds of veggies/croutons etc for dinner with a bit of spaghetti with salsa for topping on the side (same plate of course). Salad will be the bulk of the meal as I will need some veggies for sure. (Ate dinner as planned but skipped the spaghetti).

Will get in my exercise I hope, it is raining so I cannot imagine doing anything outdoors. (Got in my exercise.)

Feeling great, love Mondays, fresh beginnings. Pretty proud of the weekend's results.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue May 24, 2011 2:52 pm

Happy Tuesday, feeling great. :wink:

It is ten a.m. and I haven't eaten a bite yet, just not hungry. Will have a peanut butter/jelly on toast and a Diet Dr Pepper for lunch. (Had a handful of pretzel sticks and a Coke Zero a little later, needed the salt from the pretzels, as I felt my blood pressure was dropping - didn't need the soda at all but whatever 8) . So we will make the pb and j toast breakfast and the pretzels lunch :D Will have my spaghetti and salad for dinner tonight, I do believe. (Did have my spaghetti topped with salsa and melted cheese but instead of salad I had some green peas and some mashed potatoes with garlic and chives. I had to stop by the store last night to get a couple things so I got the hubby a couple chicken legs from the deli and a little container of their fresh macaroni and cheese. He ate one leg and a little macaroni with the peas and mashed potatoes, I was craving the spaghetti. We often eat different things because, well we can. Got in my exercise.....

Gave the hubby a Fudgsicle last night before I headed to bed, didn't entice me a bit - well, the hubby did but not the Fudgsicle 8)
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed May 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Happy Tuesday,

Just had breakfast, a rye and pumpernickel slice of toast with a slathering of peanut butter topped with dried cranberries. Drinking Lemon Zinger green tea, perfect.

Will do the same for lunch, probably. And I will add a Diet Dr. Pepper. :D

Also have a cheese stick and boiled egg to add to the mix should I choose. (which I did, had the toast, egg, cheese and soda for lunch and wasn't hungry all afternoon).

Spaghetti and salad for dinner - luckily I make a lot of spaghetti at a time, we love leftovers :wink:

Exercise, check :D
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Wed May 25, 2011 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berry

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Wed May 25, 2011 8:07 pm

First visit to your post. You are doing so great. It really makes me think I can do this if I just start being my own coach like you seem to be doing. Thanks for the role model posts. Keep on with those self motivators.
I'm baaaack.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed May 25, 2011 10:31 pm

Pangelsue2 wrote:First visit to your post. You are doing so great. It really makes me think I can do this if I just start being my own coach like you seem to be doing. Thanks for the role model posts. Keep on with those self motivators.

How sweet of you Pangelsue, please stop by again and chat. I do love the challenge :wink:
Berry

Pangelsue2

Post by Pangelsue2 » Thu May 26, 2011 12:02 pm

Thanks for leaving the note. I love that last bit about losing a pound a week and that a year will pass whether I do anything. I may change my signature to that sentence. It really did something to my head. Thanks.
I'm baaaack.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu May 26, 2011 2:40 pm

You're welcome Pangelasue :wink: You seem like you are in the right mindset which is the ONLY thing needed as no one else can lose the weight for you, but you. Easy to say, hard to do, trust me I know. (Ironically, I was just reading on CalorieCountPlus - I have been a member there since 2007, one of their Success Stories was a woman who lost 117 pounds entitled Flipping the Switch, here are a couple sentences from her blog.)

The hardest thing about losing weight was getting started. It really is a mind thing. You have to decide for yourself that you are going to do it, and that nothing will stop you. After I made that decision (I call it 'flipping the switch') honestly, the rest was easy.

Happy Thursday All.

Off work today, still raining - haven't eaten yet. We have leftover bacon so I will throw it on the grill to warm it up and make some pancakes - a little less fluffy than last week's, they were REALLY fluffy :roll: We only eat pancakes waffles, etc. on days I am off work - not that they are so incredibly difficult to make but it is just a habit. (Eleven thirty a.m., just finished breakfast/lunch - indeed did make the bacon and pancakes, I ate three mercifully thinner pancakes. There was enough batter left for three more and Heaven help me, last month I would have eaten those as well. BUT, I did not. I cooked them and will either eat them tomorrow warmed up in the toaster or throw them to the birds. Probably won't eat lunch now, will eat my spaghetti for dinner by golly I swear).

I was reading this morning on another site about a new egg/cheese Morning Star veggie sausage crumble biscuit that got great reviews as did their faux McRib kinda sandwich. Will check them both out as I love their burgers and sausage patties.

Didn't eat my spaghetti last night, my salad was so big it filled the dinner plate and I wasn't hungry afterwards anyway. Already got in my ab machine work this morning, that felt good. :wink: Got in my other exercise in the afternoon then worked outside for two hours, doing yardwork.

Finally finished the spaghetti :cry: and had yet another huge salad. I am pretty stuffed but it was all yummy.

Finished for the day, another success.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri May 27, 2011 12:53 pm

Happy Friday morning all,

No breakfast, off for a shopping trip with friends and we will be eating brunch/lunch, something I am sure.

The sun is out and it is beautiful here.

The clothes I have on today (jeans, a sleeveless lilac shell and a waist length purple jacket) feel great, no need to tug or adjust anything although there is still a bit of flab under there. I haven't weighed lately because my scale is saying LO which either means that my weight is too low to register on a scale :roll: or I need a new battery. :D For now, I am going to try and judge my weight by how I look with and without my clothes

Ended up eating at Wendy's, just had the value fries with sea salt, a tiny portion really - it was fine, also had a Diet Coke. AND one chocolate licorice twist when I got home from shopping cause the hubby said they were so good, I could have said No thanks but Heck, he was so sweet to offer. It was nice and soft, didn't hurt me a bit. Fries, Diet Coke and licorice, a meal for the ages. BUT, I did get a lot of healthy food so it's all good.

Will have another salad tonight with probably pizza (our usual Friday night fare/ either in or out) Red Baron Fire Baked Pepperoni (but he gets my share of the meat, I just add extra veggies on mine).
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Fri May 27, 2011 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri May 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Chocolate licorice?
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri May 27, 2011 11:23 pm

oolala53 wrote:Chocolate licorice?

Yeah, oolala, it's with the others, same twisted shape (not the pull apart stringy kind which I love in the cherry flavor), etc. but softer to chew. It is flavored with real Hershey's chocolate. Pretty good, threw away the bag already and had them in a Ziploc bag but I know they don't have a lot of calories. When I was little (born in 1949) they had chocolate licorice that was flat, hollow inside - ribbed but not twisted. Loved it then as well. Don't care for the black licorice however.

Ended up eating my big salad for dinner but decided I didn't want anymore to eat, neither did the hubby as I brought him home two cheeseburgers from Wendy's. So we are finished for the evening as he had a salad as well.

Got in 15 minutes extra exercise this afternoon and walked around shopping for a couple hours so I am feeling pretty good about today

(even with the piece of licorice) 8)
Berry

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Fri May 27, 2011 11:54 pm

Boy, doesn't it feel good to put on clothes and think, "Damn, I look pretty good!" I have decided it makes all the difference in my total attitude when I have on clothes that I think look good and I am having a good hair day.. I can pass up treats and snacks without a pause! Put me in ill fitting clothes and hair that just "sticks out" and I am ready to cave for anything: a piece of freshly made pie or a stale donut! Keep up the "lookin-good" attitude! ..and I'd like to think that the"LO" on the scale is because the scale can't keep up (or should I say "down") with your weight loss! Keep up the great work!
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat May 28, 2011 1:32 am

Thanks so much Grammy, ain't it the truth? If I feel that I look good, I feel good about everything else. Not movie star good, not runway model good, just 62 year old woman good. :wink: I like to walk past a mirror in a mall and not GASP in horror but think, well, okay... 8)
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat May 28, 2011 5:57 pm

Happy Saturday all,

Went out shopping for a few hours this morning, didn't eat breakfast, ate a croissant with cheese and scrambled egg at 1p.m. It was fine - needed to use it up as it was in the fridge or would have had a grilled cheese on marbled rye/pump bread. Will have that another time Drinking unsweetened ice tea.

Not sure what else I will eat today, I don't plan to eat a whole lot different on weekends, maybe a little, we shall see.

Ended up having a handful of pretzel sticks about 230 with my tea and then had a big salad and a couple pieces of pizza (not half the pizza as in the past) for dinner. Will have the other pieces tomorrow for lunch. I did find myself thinking about food in the afternoon, we have a lot of snacks in the house Twinkies, Hostess Cupcakes (chocolate with the squiggly on top), about five kinds of cookies and an equal number of candy choices, ice cream(s), potato chips, tortilla chips, snack crackers, etc. etc. blah blah blah - didn't eat any. Had a bowl of fresh fruit on the table should I have wanted a snack but I just had the pretzels and moved on with life.

Got in my exercise and a little extra, off to take a hot bath and watch a ballgame. It's all good.

Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun May 29, 2011 7:20 pm

Happy Sunday All,

So, let's see, it is 240 in the afternoon. I didn't eat anything before church, ending up gong with a group to a little diner thing at the lake where we live, nothing really decent there for me to eat - their salads are nothing but shredded lettuce with a teaspoon of shredded cheese on top and a couple chunks of anemic tomatoes. Hubby got me a snack sized order of nachos and cheese, nice and hot and crispy and I ate a few of his fries and the Texas toast from his shrimp basket. Can you say carbs? Didn't really enjoy it much but the company was great. I was thinking of all the healthy food at home. :roll: Everybody else at the table had triple cheeseburgers and fries or onion rings..................I did have some lemonade (which I diluted in half with water, I always do).

Now, it is 4 p.m. Just ate a banana spread with a bit of this new stuff I got, PeanutButter & Co's Dark Chocolate Dreams, a mixture of peanut butter and dark chocolate - 170 calories for 2T for the record but I am sure 1T covered a banana, no trans fat no cholesterol - yummy and one would suppose very healthy for ya. Drinking unsweetened tea and water.

Ate my two pieces of leftover pizza, a green salad and some potato salad for dinner, tasted great and was very filling. Got in my exercise while listening to an oldie but goodie on the headphones, Michael Bolton's Soul Provider - drinking hot coffee now having finished another day that I am proud of.

Bring on tomorrow,
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon May 30, 2011 12:09 pm

Hey, look, it IS tomorrow. :D

Not sure what I will eat today, not having a picnic or anything, we try not to "celebrate" Memorial Day for personal reasons, more a day of reflection than a party.

Ate breakfast at 9:30, rye/pump toast, I slice with a bit of the healthy dark chocolate/peanut butter spread. Drinking coffee with a splash of French vanilla creamer, switching now to unsweetened ice tea and water.

Already did an hour of vigorous biking and 100 reps on the Ab machine, I could exercise all day but then who would vacuum or clean the bathrooms? Well, hubby could but he is mowing about a five acre yard Where's my maid anyway? She forgot to come to work, again. Heck, she's never come to work now that I think about it......

Think I will have a grilled Boca burger with the faux grilled char marks :D for lunch later on, that sounds good.
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Mon May 30, 2011 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berry

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Mon May 30, 2011 3:09 pm

We are also not picnicking today.. and my maid and gardener have not shown up either! I will be doing the weeding as I did the bathroom cleaning and window washing yesterday. Hubby cut the grass yesterday and now his allergies are coming on strong. I think he will be inside for the day.
I got a good chuckle when you mentioned the chocolate/p'butter spread. When my kids were young (early 70s) there was a cho/p'butter spread called "Koogle"..or something close to that. My three year old got into a jar of it and spread it all over his head and face.. and then came running to find me ..he was crying (I think because he knew he was in trouble). I took one look at him and assumed he had a massive head injury (and I was just one room away..how could that happen?! guilt!!) and this was drying blood all over him! I was so relieved to find it to be Koogle..but..can you imagine trying to get that out of baby fine blonde curls? I never bought Koogle again. :wink:
Wishing you continued success!
"If you realized how powerful your thoughts are, you would never think another negative thought."
Peace Pilgrim

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon May 30, 2011 7:12 pm

Grammy, Hired Help just aren't as reliable as they used to be, huh? 8)

What a cute story but I bet it did startle you, my daughter did the same thing once with a jar of Noxzema, she looked pretty scared, and scary...

Just ate my Boca burger and, at my husband's insistence, had some potato salad on the side. Knew I kept him around for some reason. He is taking a break now - will finish mowing this evening when it cools off again. He really works way too hard being his health is compromised, but there's no stopping a stubborn cowboy :wink:

Well, it is almost 930 and I never quite got hungry enough for dinner, made a big salad earlier with everything on it but the croutons and balsamic vinaigrette dressing so I just covered it up and it will be dinner tomorrow probably.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue May 31, 2011 2:13 pm

Well, Happy Monday - oh wait, it's Tuesday.... :oops:

It is 930, I just ate half a raisin bagel, toasted and spread with a bit of peanut butter (really, less than half a teaspoon covered it just fine, cannot believe a serving is 2 Tablespoons !) and a squiggle of honey. Also ate a banana, am drinking hot lemon tea.

Planning on having one of those new Progresso vegetable classic soups for lunch, either Minestrone or Vegetable. I also brought some leftover corn bread that I forgot I had in the fridge. Yeah....

Salad already ready for dinner, I'm all set. :wink:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:47 am

Happy Wednesday, beautiful day here.

Ate as planned last night, almost couldn't finish the salad but did (it was a dinner plate full, lots of veggies - sliced boiled egg - shredded cheese - croutons, etc. Drank unsweetened ice tea.

Plan to eat the other half of my raisin bagel for breakfast with the peanut butter/honey. Maybe minestrone soup and cornbread for lunch with my Diet Dr. Pepper or maybe a Diet orange soda (got some of those last night). Also got some cantaloupe but haven't sliced it up or anything so won't be eating it yet. (Ate breakfast as planned but put dried cranberries on my toasted bagel half instead of honey, ate a banana as well and hot lemon water)

Got in extra exercise yesterday, walked briskly for a half hour or more at lunch and did my machine work last night, even did some crunches but they always make me a little dizzy so the ab machine is probably a better idea. (Did the AbCoaster at 6 a.m.)

Just finished dinner, Boca "faux" charbroiled burger on rye pumpernickel bread with tomatoes, onions, pickles, mustard and ketchup. Really really good, also had oven baked sweet potato fries - Ore Ida - and we both enjoyed them a lot, first time I made them. Hubby had them with baked fish fillets. I am drinking unsweetened tea. Ate lunch as planned, exactly (but had Diet Cherry Dr. Pepper, haven't tried the new diet orange soda yet.) Walked about 30 mins at lunch and did my other exercises when I got home from work. Ready to take a bubble bath and relax now.

Bring on Thursday...
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:17 pm

Happy Thursday :wink:

Just ate breakfast (off work today), two scrambled eggs, one slice of lightly buttered wheat toast and some cut up cantaloupe (maybe a cup or so) that was amazing. They are Athenas and are always so good. I bought two and wish I had bought more but I didn't want them to go bad. Did you know an entire large cantaloupe only has about 200 calories? I didn't either but it had a little label of facts on the display. Drinking a glass of 2 pct milk, not a big milk drinker but I didn't want it to go bad and it was getting near :shock:

Not sure about lunch or dinner but am sure that there will be no snacks in between - yesterday afternoon my co-worker offered me some of her swiss cheese Cheezits, she said they were A M A Z I N G. I said, No thanks I am not snacking between meals. She said, HUH, these won't hurt you. I told it was the process not the food. She doesn't get it but she is also spending hundreds of dollars a month on supplements, colon cleanses, etc. trying to lose about fifty pounds. :cry:

Lunch turned out to be another dinner plate sized salad with the works, a lot of work but worth it. I told my husband just grabbing the bags of red and brown licorice would have been easier. :D But, I didn't. I got everything out and started chopping the various lettuces and veggies, peeled and chopped the egg, scattered on the shredded cheese, got out the croutons and then added the balsamic vinegar. Put everything away and then enjoyed my lunch. Drank one of the diet orange sodas and it tasted great, would be yummy as a Dreamsicle float.

Thinking about a veggie quesadilla for dinner with Mexican blend shredded cheese, red/green/yellow pepper strips, onions and black olives. Yeah that's the plan. Got in an hour or so of yardwork earlier today and will get in my formal exercise later in the afternoon.

Got in all my exercise, even went out and did some more yardwork. Ate my veggie quesadilla with sour cream on the side - a lot of veggies all caramelized together then I added the cheese and olives - put it all between two quesadillas that had been sprayed with Pam and then I crisped them up in the skillet and cut them in pizza like servings. Almost cut back on the cheese, used one quesadilla instead of two, left out the sour cream - then I realized that I don't need to be doing all of that.

Heck, the hubby ate two chili dogs, potato salad and cole slaw.

I have to be very careful on this plan to not be too strict, to eat enough.

Ready for Friday :wink: :roll:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:55 pm

4:10 Friday afternoon, hope everybody is having a great day.

Didn't eat any breakfast, ate a veggie burger at Burger King, drank water. Not sure about dinner yet.

Walked around shopping for an hour and a half but still want to get in my formal exercise.

Went to the son and DIL's house for an impromptu dinner as the grandson had brought his new girlfriend over to meet the family. Had mostcocolli and cheesy garlic bread, drank water, virtual plated and left enough room for cantaloupe when we got back home. No seconds, no desserts.

Got in all my exercise. :wink:
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:07 am

Saturday's here :D Going to be 100 degrees so I won't be doing much outside. Going to town to go to the library, grocery store, Dollar General etc. this morning. Won't eat breakfast but might eat in town depending on who we run in to, etc.

Ran into friends at Dollar General, she said Where are we all eating at? :D Ended up at the place where my choices are limited but there were a dozen friends so that's just fine. I ate off the kids menu, a grilled cheese and maybe a third of an order of fries, unsweetened tea. Plenty but not too much.

Went to the grocery store, got lots of salad greens, tomatoes, green onions, red onion, red cabbage, carrots, red/green/yellow peppers, corn on the cob, little jello cups with chopped peaches or pears (25 cal each), low fat cottage cheese, 2pct milk, dreamsicle bars (90 cals) Cool Whip lite (to put on the jello cups), lots and lots of yummy stuff. My cart looked so pretty and so healthy :wink:

Think I will have a salad tonight, duh, maybe with a veggie eggroll or two as the oven will be on as I am making hubby cheddar and steak Taquitos.

Still have to do my exercise, will be indoors, it is sweltering outside.

Got in my exercise and quite a bit more - ate my huge salad and two veggie eggrolls (made in the oven, nice and crispy) Also ate one of the jello/peaches with CoolWhip thingies. Almost couldn't eat it all.

Ready for Sunday, feeling strong.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:03 pm

Happy Sunday everbody.

Just got back from church, came home instead of eating out which is a good thing. I enjoy the social aspect of the diner in town but now the food choices.

SOOOO, I made me, yes a large salad with pomegranate vinegar and cantaloupe chunks on the side (same plate).

This whole deal is working out well, I wore an outfit to church today that wouldn't button at the waist or the blouse on Easter Sunday. Slipped right on. Yeah. About where I need to be, starting to see just a big of thinness in the face but nothing to worry about yet. So I shall not add on much extras yet, shall stay the course.

And the exercise can't go, regardless. LOVE my exercise.

Not sure about dinner, probably will make the hubby baked ham, corn on the cob and real mashed potatoes. Not sure what I will have - don't eat ham, don't like corn on the cob and don't want mashed potatoes

Dinner was ham and corn on the cob, sliced tomatoes, and baked sweet potatoes for hubby, sweet potato (with butter, I don't think I am getting enough fats, and sliced tomatoes for me. Yummy

Got in extra exercise today, just did the bike but for a longer period of time, need to mix it up a bit I believe.

Back to work tomorrow, I'm ready for another week.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:04 pm

Here I am hard at work 8)

Ate a fudgesicle at 10pm yesterday with the hubby. It was nice and cold and yummy on a 95 degree evening on the back deck. That is my goal - to try and enjoy a simple treat instead of eating half a bag of red string licorice. It's a process, I'm working on it.

Brought a cinnamon raisin bagel to work, will probably eat half of it for breakfast spread with peanutbutter and sprinkled with dried tropical fruit bits (pineapple, mango, etc.)
I am drinking hot lemon water, unsweetened, tastes very purifying :D

Brought a Healthy Select soup for lunch with five whole grain wheat crackers (big round ones) and a cheese stick. Also have an apple. Will try to not variate from the plan.

Really noticed a difference in the blouse I wore to work today. It is a white short sleeved linen (as it is very hot right now). Before it pulled a bit in the front at the buttons so I rarely wore it. Today I don't have that problem, probably have lost five pounds or so. Might have to buy a battery for the scale soon. Maybe I will post a year weight in on July 7.

maybe :roll:
Berry

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:41 pm

Yeah!! Clothes getting big is a good sign. Someone sent me a cartoon that stated: "Ever notice when you hang something in your closet for 2 or more months, it tends to shrink?" In your closet, clothes are growing larger...had to change this statement (thus the edit) as it sounded like clothes were actually growing in your closet as in a garden...wouldn't that be nice!!!! :shock:
Great job!
Peace Pilgrim

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:59 pm

Grammy G wrote:Yeah!! Clothes getting big is a good sign. Someone sent me a cartoon that stated: "Ever notice when you hang something in your closet for 2 or more months, it tends to shrink?" In your closet, clothes are growing larger...had to change this statement (thus the edit) as it sounded like clothes were actually growing in your closet as in a garden...wouldn't that be nice!!!! :shock:
Great job!

Actually some of my clothes have seemed to shrunk in the past, just hanging there - maybe too much humidity :D or too much pasta :roll:

My boss just came in from some fancy little bakery with a cute little ribbon tied box of homemade cookies - chocolate with macadamia nuts and oatmeal raisin. I had already eaten my planned lunch so I said No thanks. She was floored - she said They are still warm !!!! I said, If there are any left in the morning I will have an oatmeal raisin one as my breakfast as they are actually made with whole grains, etc. She said, Man, I wish I had your willpower. Those cookies :evil: are just sitting here, mocking me.
Berry

kccc

Post by kccc » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:08 pm

Beryy, I am impressed! Good for you!

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:15 pm

I hope you see the absurdity of what she said, as if the fact that the cookies are warm is a good enough reason to eat them. As my mother used to say, what's that got to do with the price of eggs?

I can say that most times, when something similar comes up, after 17 months, it really feels honest and natural to say, "Yeah, I bet they would be good, but I'm just not hungry enough to really enjoy them! Can I take one home and warm it up later?" It does not feel like willpower any more to say it. It feels real. I imagine like a thin person feels who passes on food because it just wouldn't taste and feel good to eat it, not because of some moral decision or a desire to stay skinny. yay! It took a lot to get here and was worth it every time of saying no when it was hard. I hope it stays, as we all know there is only before and during.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:14 pm

Afternoon KCCC, And even worse, she offered to take me to lunch at a Mexican restaurant but I told her I had lunch already planned, we'd do it another time.

oolala, As absurd as somebody saying to put leftover cookies in the freezer so you won't eat them - duh, like I couldn't eat a frozen cooke. :D

If I want a snack or a "treat" it will be something that I can share with the hubby after dinner or something like that. Bought some of the Dreamsicle sherbet/ice cream bars this week. We both like those so I can see eating one of those 90 calorie bad boys if he asks me to have one with him. I won't suggest a treat but will share the enjoyment should he want to. I'm nice like that. :roll:
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:54 pm

Oh, I didn't mean freezing it would protect it! Just that you could save it for the weekend. I've reheated or thawed many a frozen cookie or dessert with very good results! though fresh is ideal.

But I hear ya. Some weeks I don't chance having any sweets in the freezer or anywhere.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:57 pm

Oh, I wasn't commenting about you oolala, just in general people say, Freeze those Girl Scouts cookies so you won't eat them, as if I haven't bitten into a rock hard cookie right out of the freezer. :lol:

I agree, I often immediately freeze what is left of a pound cake or whatever I might have made so

a. I don't eat it all
b. It doesn't go bad.

Hope you didn't take what I said the wrong way.

Just finished supper, ate 1/4 of a Red Baron fire baked pizza, it was pepperoni but I pushed all of them over on hubby's side and just put red/green/yellow pepper strips on mine. No extra cheese even. Put the cheese in my - yes, salad 8) Also had the chopped boiled egg for protein, and the usual veggies with croutons and pomegranate vinegar. Ice water to drink and now I am finished for the evening.

Hubby is going to have a piece of apple pie (an individual one I got at the bakery - saves me from wanting any).

Ready for Tuesday.... Got in all my exercise plus a little yard work.
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:07 am

I didn't! And unfortunately, the mint cookies taste pretty darn good frozen.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:54 am

I have one sleeve of GS mints left...frozen or thawed..which is best? I don't want to waste a single one eating it at the wrong temp! I can't believe I never ate a frozen GS mint cookie! I have been known to eat a frozen bagel all around the edges and toward the center as is thaws (I don't like the texture of nuked bagels..but will eat frozen ones :roll: what can I say?) I hope those days are a thing of the past!! Boy, the things we learn on the No S site!!
Peace Pilgrim

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:18 am

Frozen bread and bagels are very easily warmed on George Foreman-type double-sided grills. I'm talking about the little ones, but no reason it wouldn't work on the big ones.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Grammy G

Post by Grammy G » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:54 am

I'm almost sorry you shared that information..sounds 'way too yummy!
Peace Pilgrim

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:04 pm

Morning fellow enablers - :D

Hard at work, literally. today. Lots going on, haven't eaten a bite yet, it is (9:30) but have my raisin cinnamon bagel half left so I will probably toast it and add a splash of peanut butter and dried cranberries, that is always pretty filling. Decided to pass on the cookies, just on the principle of the thing.

Brought a tomato, boiled egg, cheese stick and apple for lunch - a healthy and colorful combo. Ended up eating my bagel combo for lunch so will save my lunch stuff for tomorrow. Drinking hot lemon water and Diet Dr. Pepper - speaking of which, yesterday I had about half a cup of lemon water that had gotten cold, was going to dump it out in the sink and pour some Diet Dr Pepper in the cup (it was in a 2 ltr bottle in the fridge) Instead I just poured it right in the lemon water, tasted just as good diluted and lemony. (Wasn't there a failed Lemon Coke or Pepsi?)

Ended up having my tomato, egg and cheese (all cut into little pieces) about 3:00 so I will just consider it a late breakfast and a late lunch as I ate nothing in between. Was going to just not eat but that's not a sensible thing to do, now is it? Wasn't really hungry for the apple, left it in the fridge.

Haven't thought about dinner yet.......

Ended up having a grilled cheese on marbled rye/pumpernickel and unsweeted tea. It was great. Didn't want anything else.

On to Wednesday. :D
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:26 pm

Wednesday's here already.

Brought cantalope for breakfast, haven't eaten it yet. Brought the same lunch combo as yesterday - whole tomato, boiled egg, cheese stick, diet soda. That will be plenty, still have the apple if I need it.

We are going to Subway after work, I will have the veggie delite (eat half, save half, I always do). They have the avocado stuff now so I will add it as well.

Sticking to the plan even though there are pastries in the work kitchen.

Made some unsweetened sun tea to drink throughout the day.

Had my cantaloupe, it was great.

Getting ready to eat lunch, walked for a half hour - briskly - up and down hills. Might replace my exercise tonight if I get home too late. JUst got a call from the hubby and he said we are meeting friends for dinner after work - plans have changed not going to Subway but to a restaurant that is more than burgers and fries like the lake joint. I will probably go for the one trip salad bar which has the usual salad fixings along with other side salads and fruits. $2.99 can't beat it.

Had the salad bar as planned, got mainly the greens, sliced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, boiled egg slices, cheese, a spoon of cottage cheese, pasta shell salad and coleslaw. They had several kinds of fluffy sour cream type desserts, but I got a small dish of watermelon. They didn't have any balsamic vinegars but I wasn't about to use salad dressing so I used plain vinegar. It was fine. Hubby had meat loaf sandwich and sweet potato fries. Our friends picked up the tab as my husband had done something for them - I said, Had I know you were paying, I would have eaten more

Got in my exercise but I thought about skipping it as I had such a vigorous walk at lunch, worked outside when I got home from work - which was after 7 being we ate out. But those were just excuses, I did it and it felt good.

Ready for tomorrow, going out with friends. Off work 'til Monday. :D
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:05 pm

Happy Thursday all

Already did a lot of exercise and it is only 7:20 a.m. Got a few pieces of equipment out that I haven't use for a while to mix it up a bit. Using my Body Blades and my Body Bar to do resistance work on my arms and to whittle the bit of flab on the waistline. I will do the Ab Coaster before I start to get ready for work and walk at least an hour or more while shopping, not that that is terribly exhausting. I did tuck a shirt into my dress slacks yesterday and wear a belt - no jacket at all, so that's progress. :wink:

Won't be eating breakfast, will eat lunch with friends, they get to choose where to eat as I only eat a salad or side anyway. What is amazing is how much fewer groceries I need to buy, no snack foods or candy or anything like that. Will get some more fruits and veggies tho! The Athena cantaloupe is on sale again 2/3 bucks, they were amazing last week.

Back from lunch and shopping, had a great time. Got a wonderful compliment today, not how good I look or anything like that but someone said, I wish I was as fit as you are. :wink: Exactly what I am trying to be. There was a big canvas type bag full of products, etc. that a vendor was unloading in an aisle at the grocery store, the vendor had stepped away and we needed to get to something the bag was blocking. So I picked it up and moved it a few feet. It probably weighed fifty pounds (about the weight of a bale of hay is how I compare it). No problem. I didn't even think about it but my friend is very frail and to her it was a big deal. :cry:

More encouragement to continue the healthy eating. and weight bearing exercise. I used to be a Department Head in a nursing home/ assisted living facility - worked in the office and saw the admittance reports. A vast majority enter these facilities due to a broken bone (hip, pelvis,shoulder, etc) .

Had a veggie burger with the works and a few oven baked fries (with the peeling on) for lunch. Drank unsweetened tea. Was offered deep fried banana with real whipped cream and caramel sauce for dessert but declined, virtual plated and had a sugar free Jello caramel pudding cup with Cool Whip LIte, slivered almonds and a cherry on top when I got home.

Bought lots and lots of goodies in the store, panicked because I couldn't find my veggie/Boca burger section but they had just moved it. I got four boxes :D

Having dinner now, found two pieces of veggie pizza in the fridge that I forgot about from the other night so I warmed them up and am having them with my salad while I browse the board. Funny thing happened earlier, I was giving the hubby a couple of cheeseburgers (small ones) I picked up for him while I was out, he said he would take a few potato chips. I opened the bag and took one out and tasted it to see how fresh they were (since I quit gorging the snacks have lasted a L O N G time). I bit into one and said eww, do these taste all right? He said, Let me see. He then said they tasted fine to him, what did they taste like to me. I said, sorta like a chemical. Isn't that funny, I guess my taste buds are starting to reject the phony foods a bit.

I might have cantaloupe later when he comes in from mowing and eats his dinner, whatever that might be. He never wants to eat very much when he is working in the heat. Probably a salad or maybe just fruit.

Got in extra exercise and will probably do some more AbCoaster, I really like the way it feels.
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:53 am

I looked up the Body Blade, but I can't find anything on the Body Bar. What is it, if I may ask?
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:54 am

oolala53 wrote:I looked up the Body Blade, but I can't find anything on the Body Bar. What is it, if I may ask?

Morning oolala,

It is basically one of those power cords connected to a bar that you hold while standing on the cord on the floor. You can be sitting or standing actually. It stimulates weight lifting (biceps curls, triceps, shoulders, abs, etc)- the moves are printed on the bar). It feels great, very "stretching". You can twist the band over the bar and each time increases the weight you are "lifting" by five pounds. I don't know if they are still available or not, Amazon said No longer available but I didn't check Greer Childer's webiste (she is famous for BodyFlex programs). Here is a snippet of info on the Body Bar.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some people find some exercises to be too complex to follow and spend so much time each day before seeing the results they want. Good news! There is no need to worry anymore. Body Flex Greer Childers is all the exercise equipment you need today. Greer Childers, an exercise enthusiast, inventor, and spokesperson for the Body Flex Greer Childers, has come up with this all-new, complete, and easy-to-follow fitness program. The new exercise equipment, called the Gym Bar, allows you to do the exercises while you are seated on your chair or couch at home watching TV or watching over your small children.

Greer Childers created the Body Flex Greer Childers exercise equipment quite by accident. Finding her mid-section quite unappealing, and wearing clothes with sizes from 14 to 16, Greer Childers decided to do something about it, and fast. Thus, she invented the Body Flex Greer Childers exercise equipment. This equipment, called the Gym Bar, looks like a long, solid pole with a long, garter band attached to each end of the pole. The band is held down by your two (2) feet and then stretched towards your body. The exercise steps are: (1) biceps curl; (2) shoulder builder; and, (3) triceps tightener. The Body Flex Greer Childers is mainly and simply known as the “inch-loss programâ€. It targets your unwanted fats in your mid-section, burns them, and tones loose muscles, making you stay fit and strong. It also includes a diet program that shows you 10 delicious meals that you can cook within 15 minutes to provide you lots of energy throughout the day.

Get a new perspective and a new you! Try the Body Flex Greer Childers soon. You will truly get the results you have always wanted from a great exercise equipment and program in the easiest, possible way!
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:57 am

Happy Friday All.

Busy day here, think I will have cantaloupe for breakfast with a bagel half and peanut butter/cranberries/toasted slivered almonds on top.

Ended up having an impromptu fruit salad, cut up a banana, red apple and added to the cantaloupe cubes, ate about a third - will give the hubby the rest when he takes a break from working the horses. Splashed on a bit of maraschino juice and added a cherry on top just because I can :D

Lunch was a grilled cheese with mustard and pickles on rye//pump bread and some whole grain white corn tortilla chips and salsa. Quite good.

Dinner was two veggie egg rolls, that's all. Oh and half a piece of red string licorice to see if I could indeed eat half a piece of red string licorice as opposed to half a bag. I did and didn't even want more. Wanted to see if it was still fresh, if not I was going to throw it out. It was fine. Have a whole bag of it and of chocolate licorice up in the goodies section of the pantry, where all the cookies, Twinkies and Hostess cupcakes with their swirl on top live.

If I am hungry later I will eat one of the 90 calorie orange sherbet/vanilla ice milk Dreamsicles with the hubby.

(Made some more fruit salad for tomorrow, it was so good this morning. Bananas, apples, cantaloupe, cherries, peaches and pears. )

Got in more than my scheduled exercise, ready for a hot bath and an evening watching the ballgame with my beloved :D That would be Albert Pulhols, bet you thought it was the hubby, huh?
Berry

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:34 pm

Happy Saturday. Rained overnight so I might not have to water the plants today, we'll see how hot it gets. Plan to finish up a little trimming around some perennial beds and then it will look like a park, my husband does such a wonderful job on the property. We mow about 3 acres as just yard so it is a lot of effort. But worth it :wink:

Didn't eat my Dreamsicle last night, ate some cantaloupe instead. Think we will have fruit salad for breakfast but if he wants something else I will make it for him. I love that we each eat whatever we want, I read on a board once that a woman loved being divorced because now she could eat popcorn for dinner. Heck, I can eat popcorn for dinner and I'm married, why couldn't she?

Already did my BodyBar weight routine and my AbCoaster but will do more of both throughout the day.

Lunch will be simple, will probably make a bigger dinner for him as I am home all day, probably bbq pork steaks in the oven and real baked potatoes and salad (I will have the latter two).

Ended up having Cinnamon Cheerios and 2pct milk for breakfast, not wanting anything else yet but will definitely have some fruit salad and or cantaloupe sometime today as I plan to buy more cantaloupes in town tomorrow. Love it when they are at their peak. I have some planted of the same variety and they are growing well. Yippeeeee.

Had a handful of whole grain white corn tortilla chips and salsa for lunch Filling and healthy or so "they" say. :wink:

Started to eat fruit salad at lunch but ended up putting it up as I wasn't really hungry right then. Just ate dinner, usual big salad and a baked potato with a little Smart Balance margarine and a dollop of sour cream. Quite good. Maybe the fruit salad will make it into my body before bedtime.
Last edited by Strawberry Roan on Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Berry

oolala53

Post by oolala53 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 5:06 pm

I thought it might be the subliminal reason I never married that I could not understand women whose food habits are seemingly governed by their husbands. I certainly cannot fathom being married to someone who would try to control that either way, by strictness or excess. I don't tell men how to eat, though I may talk about my habits, if the subject seems appropriate. Glad to know there are happy compromises.
Age 69
BMI Jan/10-30.8
2 yrs flux 6/20 22
1/21-23