Carly's Daily Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

erialicia

Carly's Daily Check In

Post by erialicia » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:46 pm

I start tomorrow. After half a lifetime of binging and dieting I have decided to STOP the craziness and "not diet" and "not weigh". I am challenging myself to one month. I weighted myself today. I am 226.

I'll weigh again on March 7th.

I just cannot continue to waste time, money and energy on diets that just plain do not work for me. I am tired of the counting, the weighing and obsessing over food. I have done enough research and reading in my 51 years of age to know what foods are good for me, what I can tolerate and what I just should not let enter my house!

This is it...time for a new way of living and approaching food
Eri

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:48 pm

Hello and welcome.

This is a very helpful and supportive message board. I'm sure you'll like it here.

Strawberry Roan

Post by Strawberry Roan » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:27 pm

Hi, welcome. ginger is so right, this is a wonderfully supportive group of posters. There is no judging, no "you are soooo wrong", etc. Just people traveling the same journey to better health - together.

Glad to have you along. :wink:
Berry