Heather's Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

haberchic

Heather's Check In

Post by haberchic » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:35 pm

Starting my daily check-in today. Honestly, I make pretty good meal decisions but my snacking is completely out of control. I need to turn this thing around immediately!

My current stats as of 2/9/15
Female 46 years old
5"1', 158 lbs.

My initial goal is to stick to No-S for one complete month and see how well I'm forming the habit, exercise regularly and then see where my weight is on 3/9/15. I will make a new goal after a month. I need all the support I can get!

haberchic

Success

Post by haberchic » Tue Feb 10, 2015 2:58 am

Breakfast: greek yogurt, almonds, strawberries
Lunch: chipotle salad with chicken
Dinner: Skinnytaste chicken parm, side of angel hair, broccoli, one glass of wine
Overweight Runner

Lovedby2

Lovedby2

Post by Lovedby2 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 3:24 am

Hi Haberchic. I'm new to No S so I don"t have any words of wisdom yet. But shop around. There are so many great veterans here ready to help. Good luck on your first week!!
Always learning.

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:03 am

Hi, Welcome to the fold. This is a great place to get the support you need to be successful. Good luck on your adventure.

tobiasmom

hey

Post by tobiasmom » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:11 pm

Welcome! I LOVE almost everything on Skinnytaste :)
Military wife and homeschool mom of two boys, 15 and 10.
No-S restart 01/08/23
SW: 239

haberchic

Success

Post by haberchic » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:11 pm

Breakfast: Egg whites, turkey sausage, toast, pineapple
Lunch: Tuna Sandwich, pickle, tomato soup, pretzels
Dinner: Pork Loin, peas, applesauce, stuffing
Overweight Runner

eschano

Post by eschano » Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:04 am

Welcome! I'm a big fan of skinnytaste too!
eschano - Vanilla rocks!

July 2012- January 2016
Started again January 2021

haberchic

Success

Post by haberchic » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:52 am

Breakfast: Egg whites, high protein oatmeal, pineapple
Lunch: 2 Pork soft taco's from Moe's
Dinner: Homemade Chicken Soup with a slice of bread
Overweight Runner

haberchic

Planned "S" Day

Post by haberchic » Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:30 am

I took a planned "S" Day today. We had an early Valentine's Celebration at school and at home. Boy was it an eye opener!!
My meals were ok;
Breakfast: Ezekial bread, w/pb & banana
Lunch: Large salad with Buffalo Chicken
Dinner: Chicken Breast w/mac and cheese

But on top of that I had several handfuls of Doritos while standing in the pantry and eating out of the bag and enough chocolate to choke a horse. It's a huge wake up call that makes me realize how much I need to keep at this. I want to be able to have A SNACK and a serving of dessert on my S days without getting this out of control. Thankful that tomorrow's a new day.
Overweight Runner