Pouncequik's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Pouncequik

Pouncequik's check in

Post by Pouncequik » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:58 pm

So I've been doing this plan all week though this is my first check in.
3/23 Day 1 - yay!
3/24 Day 2 - almost - had 3 spoons of PB right before bed
3/25 Day 3 - almost - half a pop tart after dinner

Getting better, I see this plan as a doable rest of your life type of plan, I hate to call it a diet because I often think of diets only when you are trying to lose weight but this is a life long change.

Went to my Dr's today, 1 month exercising every day and my BP is down to normal, though no weight lost YET! MUST keep this up to be a healthier me! :D
Working towards a better me every day!

Retrogirl

Post by Retrogirl » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:08 pm

Welcome! I started Monday as well:). Keep up the good work.

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:58 am

Keep at it. :) it isn't always easy but it gets easier.

Kittson

Post by Kittson » Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:19 pm

Congrats on the lowered blood pressure! I am new too. I hope things are going well this week!

Pouncequik

Post by Pouncequik » Fri Mar 27, 2015 8:49 pm

Hi all :) thanks for the replies!
I've been plugging away the rest of the week went really well, today at lunch I almost over did it, but stopped myself. The company had bought pizza for all the employees, though I had some I did not have too much! woot!

Pouncequik

Post by Pouncequik » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:30 pm

3/26 - success though a bit hungry at bedtime
3/27 - success
3/28 - S day - a few extras but not overboard
3/29 - S day - a bit much at dinner time but it was sooo good, glad to be back on N days