Kits daily diary

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Kit

Kits daily diary

Post by Kit » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:57 pm

Ok starting a daily diary to see if it helps :)

Me: 53 years of age. KIT are my initials not my name. Mum of 3, mostly all grown...2 coeliacs and 1 anaphylactic! So food has been an issue for the last 24 years! Hubby and I looking forward to a child free home in the next few years! Live in New Zealand. Have lost 40kg successfully and maintained for 3 years.....now creaping back up and wish to stop the rot now. Since losing weight have taken up trail running. Have run a marathon and an ultra as well as a number of mountain races.

Monday: Shopping day, so I have eaten a a huge filling bowl of porridge.

I will report in tonight to say how the day went. I am aiming for 3 plates a day plus 1 dose of healthy exercise!

Kit

gingerpie

Post by gingerpie » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:36 am

Welcome aboard Kit. Good luck with your goals.

Kit

Post by Kit » Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:51 am

Hi Ginger, thanks for stopping by.

Monday.
Breakfast: porridge
Lunch: left over homemade curry and rice from last night
Supper: pasta with caramelised onions, sweet peppers, and mushrooms.

Exercise, hour on the beach with the dog

Plus lots of cups of tea...... :)

Kit

Post by Kit » Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:54 pm

Tuesday.

Lunch: 2 slices homemade sourdough with hummus, tomatoes, and lettuce.

Supper: homemade cottage pie

Exercise: 7 km run, beach and estuary

Minor victory over habit. I was really hungry going into supper, and wanted seconds. But I didn't have any and it was fine. In fact it is now early Wednesday morning and I am still fine. Habit only. Once the food had a chance to hit my stomach, it was sufficient.

2 sucess days in a row...going for the third!

Kit :D :D

Kit

Post by Kit » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:44 pm

Wednesday. Success...third day in a row.

Lunch: left over cottage pie (a HUGE plate full, I was hungry after my run)
Supper: Dahl and rice.

Exercise. 2 hours running in the hills with Bonnie. Laters Spur, Mitchels track circuit. I had nothing but water on the run, though I carried food just in case. I think more than 2 hours running in the hills I will need to eat though. Thankfully my long run is normally on a Saturday!

Thursday....this is daughters 21st birthday....and therefore an S day I am sure!

Kit

RAWCOOKIE

Post by RAWCOOKIE » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:35 am

Yay! Aren't you glad you saved a portion of Cottage Pie to have for lunch ;)

Hope your daughter has a super birthday - enjoy your special S day!
I love Everyday Systems :3

13.6.15 124.25lbs
11.11.21 101.00lbs

Kit

Post by Kit » Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:00 pm

Thursday. S day. Daughters 21st birthday! :)

Breakfast porridge.
Lunch: rolls and salad
Supper....well, there was more than 1 plate of food, mostly Indian, bajis, samosas, pakora, plus various dishes, and popadoms and naam ....and cake...and ice cream! Yum!

Exercise: 7 km estuary and beach.

Happy birthday daughter!

Kit

Post by Kit » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:06 pm

Friday. Sadly...fail :(

Breakfast. Porridge
Lunch. Soup and a roll.
Supper. Mash potatoes, veg and gravy.

And after supper......birthday cake! Opps.

Exercise, hour on a stormy beach with dog.

lpearlmom

Post by lpearlmom » Sat Aug 15, 2015 5:23 am

Kit wrote:Exercise, hour on a stormy beach with dog.
That sounds absolutely lovely to me considering it was 107 today and humid to boot!
:twisted: SW: 210 lbs
CW: 172
GW:160

Kit

Post by Kit » Sun Aug 16, 2015 6:32 am

lpearlmom wrote: That sounds absolutely lovely to me considering it was 107 today and humid to boot!
And I have spent most of today huddled in front of a warm fire. I ran 10km this morning in driving sidewards freezing rain straight off the sea.....
We need to blend this weather out!

Saturday. S day ( and just as well really....)
Went a bit silly. No exercise, hubby took dog out. Ate 3 meals plus about 3 real snacks on plates, a pot of nuts and seeds, 2 dark chocolate bars.....a hand full of this and just a bite of that.....

And felt bloated and lousy at the end of the day. Hum....can we learn from this!?!

Sunday. S day. Started well, 10km run on beach. Probably burnt some extra calories due to the cold!
Breakfast, porridge.
Lunch rolls, avocado and salad.
No snacks as yet, but planning a sweet after dinner tonight.

jessand2boys

Post by jessand2boys » Sun Aug 16, 2015 11:31 am

I felt the same way after my S day - bloated and yucky. I was just sitting here thinking about how I need to learn from that feeling.

Kit

Post by Kit » Mon Aug 17, 2015 12:25 am

I think that is what is so good about no s. We really get to come face to face with our own gluttony!

Sunday went well. I had desert after supper, and enjoyed it. Felt a lot better than Saturday!

Kit

Post by Kit » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:09 pm

Monday...sucess

Tuesday....Sucess

Wednesday....NOT :(

Kit