Moderate meals daily check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

moderatemeals

Moderate meals daily check in

Post by moderatemeals » Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:14 am

Day 1: No S (with Lifeisablessing's mod...anything on 3 plates/7days per week)
wt: 122.6

Today was relatively easy though I still struggle so much after dinner but managed to get through it tonight by focusing my energy on cleaning our kitchen (not fun but at least a distraction).

Breakfast: chocolate protein smoothie
Lunch: Shrimp tacos and potato chips
Dinner: Big bowl of cereal

An unusual eating day for me because I usually don't have cereal for dinner but it was what I was craving today!

LifeisaBlessing

Post by LifeisaBlessing » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:24 pm

You're doing great, moderatemeals! :) And I know what you mean about struggling after dinner! Good on you for cleaning the kitchen--I need your motivation in my own kitchen lol. Usually, I'll either read, watch TV, or web surf to keep occupied.

Feel free to ask me any questions on the mod--it's truly been the game changer for me! :)
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.
~Jimmy Dean

The second you overcomplicate it is the second it becomes the thing for which it is a corrective.
~El Fug, on the NoS Diet