day 3! check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

laura03

day 3! check in

Post by laura03 » Wed Jan 10, 2007 3:52 pm

This is day three for me, and i'm doing great :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
I love this way of life, yes i said life. this is not a diet it's a common sense way to live, i'm not living to eat i'm eating to live. I accept that there will be days that will be challenging [bring it on 8) ] but i'll just keep at it. I love that theres no measuring or counting fat and or calories, if i feel that i'm about to pig out i just think diet's don't work you do. for some reason when i read that a light bulb went of. i have never ever thought of it that way :D

THANKS REINHARD

JustAnnie

Post by JustAnnie » Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:01 am

Welcome Laura. I've been here a week and am loving it. I've been "dieting" using different plans for years and never was successful for very long but now that I've given up dieting and am NO-Sing my way through life, I'm just alot more calm about my way of eating and I'm not obsessing over food. :)
Just Annie

You Can't Fail Until You Quit Trying

Bee

Post by Bee » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:43 pm

Hi! I thought I'd post on someone else's check-in because it helps to much to get encouragement from other people on mine! It is so interesting what you're saying Laura about how this is a common sense way to live and how you're more calm about food Annie. I couldn't agree more. I used to relate to food in such a weird and borderline disfunctional way and now I finally feel at PEACE! What a revelation.
Yes thank you Reinhard and best to all of you!
B