Savita's check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Savita

Savita's check-in

Post by Savita » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:29 am

This is the first of (I hope!) a habit-forming post. My day's just begun. So far so good.

Savita

Day 3

Post by Savita » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:05 am

Didn't post yesterday but glad to report that I stuck to the plan.

Savita

Day 3

Post by Savita » Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:37 am

Success!

Savita

Post by Savita » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:07 am

It's been a while since I last posted here. Had nothing new to report. I have been consistent about the three meals, no seconds AND the sweets (that's the toughie). This is the longest stretch without something sweet to eat. Thought I'd break down after the first three days but then realised that if I don't cave in by lunch, then I can quell my sweet tooth beyond dinner. It's the b/fast to lunch interval that's dangerous ground.

I even sacrificed a piece of birthday cake at a neighbour's party two days back! Looking forward to the S weekend ahead...

Savita

Post by Savita » Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:01 am

have stuck to plan all week. Feeling great!

I also think I'm getting over my compulsion to weigh myself every morning.

Have been looking forward to noS day today but not sure what I'll eat to celebrate.

Did an hour of Pranayama and Yoga every morning this week. It will be hard to beat!!

Savita

Post by Savita » Mon Dec 10, 2007 4:37 am

Stuffed myself with sugar (no so good :(

First S weekend so I sort of went berserk. Mints are my downfall.

Anyway, back on track this morning with pranayam and will continue to toe the line with the food too...

Savita

Savita

Post by Savita » Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:28 am

So far so good. I find the noS days work just fine. I keep to the rules and am just fine. It's the weekends that I set myself up for a fall...

Savita

Post by Savita » Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:18 am

I'm bad at logging in everyday and posting a review of the previous days. I've been keeping to the programme so far and making full use of the weekends. Eventually, I should be able to have a No S Weekend too!!