Donna's Daily Check-In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

Donna1024

Donna's Daily Check-In

Post by Donna1024 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 9:33 pm

Started yesterday. Did really well...No S's at all! Although, I must say I had a massive headache by the end of the day. Because this has happened before when I tried to avoid sweets, in the back of my mind I can't help but wonder if if I may be addicted to sugar and am experiencing some withdrawl symptoms. Is that even possible?

Anyway, we'll see how it goes today. I haven't eaten any sweets or snacks yet. :)

Donna1024

Post by Donna1024 » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:08 pm

12/6/07 - success
12/7/07 (s-day=special occasion)
12/8/07 (s-day)
12/9/07 (s-day)
Yesterday was awful..Even though it was an s-day, I am disgusted with myself and how much I ate. Having a bad day today. Not food wise, just having one of those days where everything goes wrong. Food-wise, I haven't eaten anything yet today because I'm so mad at myself for yesterday. I will probably have something light when I get home like a bowl of cereal and milk and go to bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. :cry:

thtrchic

Post by thtrchic » Mon Dec 10, 2007 10:21 pm

My advice, if you want it, is that you should eat. Not eating today because yesterday went badly is not a good idea. It's not healthy and it's not building good habits. Plus there's a pretty good chance you'll end up binging because you're starving after not eating all day.

Remember how you felt yesterday and take that away with you as a lesson for the future. But today, worry about today.

Julie

Donna1024

Post by Donna1024 » Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:31 pm

Thanks Julie. I'll keep that in mind. Yesterday and so far today have been much better. Weighed myself this morning and I lost 4 lbs. Yea!! :D I know it's not much, but hey it's a start. If I could just start walking again I know I could lose more weight. I just haven't been motivated enough. Still working on it, though.... :|

12/10/07 - success
12/11/07 - failure(had a piece of pumpkin pie)