me

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

laura99

me

Post by laura99 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:30 pm

it's day 3 so far great. ok i had 1 piece of chocolate candy but hey i'm doing really good. i cant believe how it feels to have lunch again, i'm so used to having junk food all the time.

i still have a hard time convincing myself that eating normally will help me lose weight, in my head i still believe that you have to starve yourself or buy into some diet program.

i guess i really have to change my way of thinking, all that crap has not worked for me in the long run. i'm really tired of always thinking about what i cant eat and how much.

MerryKat

Post by MerryKat » Thu Jan 17, 2008 11:05 am

Welcome to the most amazing plan & place.

Believe it - Eating 3 meals a day Monday - Friday and enjoying your weekends really can allow you to loose weight without all the guilt and trauma usually associated with diets.

Read and re-read the plan on the www.nosdiet.com page till you feel you know it by heart. Follow the rules of the plan even when your brain does not believe what you are doing and you will be amazed at how your relationship with food, your body and your life in general will change and improve.
Hugs from Sunny South Africa
Vanilla No S with no Sugar due to Health issues - 11 yrs No S - September 2016 (some good, some bad (my own doing) but always the right thing for me!)

Blondie

Post by Blondie » Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:29 pm

Believe it--it will work. I lost 25lbs total eating this way, but more importantly, the habit was so sane. Once you trick your body into following the rules (it does take a few weeks to make your body understand that you don't neeeeeeed a snack or a dessert), the habit is mindless and mindful all at once.

Yay. Good luck.