DAY 1

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

rainbow5978

DAY 1

Post by rainbow5978 » Wed Apr 02, 2008 1:06 am

Today is my first day doing the nos diet. I was successful with no sugar, no snacking, and no seconds. I am so excited to have found a "diet" that truly addresses all of my bad habits. It almost seems as if it was made for me!!! Reading the testimonials made me realize that so many other people have so many of the same problems I do with weight... well not anymore for me!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D[/b]
What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?
(unknown)

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:59 am

Hey Rainbow I just started too!

Welcome ... it is fun ... I can relate it addresses all my bad habits too!

Maybe that is why it works so well.

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

cheeks4weeks

Post by cheeks4weeks » Wed Apr 02, 2008 3:10 pm

Hey! My first day was yesterday and I feel I did really good! With the exception of the large iced coffee from McDonalds I sucked down during breakfast. I mean, who am I kidding? God only knows how much "sugar" was in that thing. The worst part was that I didn't even consider it an S item at the time. Later, after I got home from work, as soon as I walked into the kitchen at home there were peanuts on the counter and I instinctively threw a handful into my mouth! Before I started chewing I realized what I was doing and spit them out. It's just so funny - and yet sad - to realize how ingrained this overeating is! I can't wait to master this and feel like I have control over food. :D

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:40 pm

Chesney,

I too have already had to stop myself many times from automatically reaching for something I didn't think twice about consuming before NO S ... it's actually kind of fun, like a game, increasing our awareness....

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey