SpyWeb daily check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

SpyWeb

SpyWeb daily check-in

Post by SpyWeb » Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:42 pm

Day 1 - Thurs April 10, SUCCESS was good all day. when my grandson came home from work at 10:30pm, he brought me a frosty from Wendy's. I turned it down, but it was good that I had a few moments to consider while he got me a spoon!!! Almost dived in without thinking. I had my pedometer on all day. Walked at lunch time and put on 7500 steps. Probably not much for a lot of folks, but a good day for me.

Day 2 - Fri April 11 - SUCCESS all day so far. It was raining so I didn't go walking at lunch time, but I did walk the long way around every time I went someplace, or to the ladies room. Tomorrow is my first S day.

SpyWeb

Post by SpyWeb » Thu Apr 17, 2008 7:01 pm

April 12 -13 S-days SUCCESS

April 14, 15 N days SUCCESS

April 16 WEds. forgot about a dinner out for my club. My dd had specially made meatballs and spagetti so I ate a couple meatballs and a tablespoon or so of angel hair pasta. Then went out to the meal. Got a great baked scrod, but couldn't finish it so I brought it home for dh's lunch. Didn't do terrible, though. Drank water, skipped dessert. So a lot better that some other days, but not No-S. I could call it an S day, and I would if I had planned it, but I didn't.

I've been walking a lot more though, doing min 5000 steps each day.

SpyWeb

Post by SpyWeb » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:45 am

April 17 Thurs SUCCESS

April 18 Fri SUCCESS

walked over 5000 steps again both days, too.

Something to note: I knew I did a lot of snacking in the evening, but since I really started this No S plan, I'm sooo aware of how many times I was reaching for something while here on the computer in the evening. So I keep water at my side and that helps. I'm thinking that maybe at a tough time, I might go in the bathroom and brush my teeth.