Same question as yesterday... can popcorn be dinner?

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MollyMouse

Same question as yesterday... can popcorn be dinner?

Post by MollyMouse » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:19 pm

Well the first day seemed to be a success. Apart from the popcorn I had at the movies, it was just a small bag and I think it would have fit on my dinner plate so I called it dinner. Ate just the three times. In the past I would have considered this a cheat and would have come home and eaten the refrigerator. I was very hungry before bed but I was satisfied that I had done this well and thought it felt good not to have the guilt feelings I have had on other diets.

This morning I had two scrambled eggs with a little cream and mozza cheese in it, two toast with cheeze whiz and a pear. Hope this will hold me till lunch.

I did go to Chapters and buy the book. Thank you Reinhard for doing this for free. I don't think any one else would have given feely of a program that would help us shed pounds with out charging money to join the group, so buying the book to help out is a small price to pay when I am no longer counting fats, carbs, depriving myself of good tasting foods and still failing and to top it all off " gaining". Tomorrow is Saturday, probably a good thing to start later in the week so the treat day is not so far away, and then maybe the five days next week will not be so bad.

Good luck to you all this "N" day.
Cheers
MollyMouse