Boo Hoo A really bad day

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

MollyMouse

Boo Hoo A really bad day

Post by MollyMouse » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:23 am

I had a really bad day today, well it really started yesterday, but blew it all together today.. how could I not wait just 24 more hours or lest to my "S" Day. This is a really big failure. I am going to start using the Habitcal to see if this helps me. It was just a slip up and I have no intentions of giving up. Will have to plan better. I am still going to take my "S" days on Saturday and Sunday and then start back again on Monday coloring my calender. I have no excuse.
Marilyn
aka MollyMouse

BrightAngel

Re: Boo Hoo A really bad day

Post by BrightAngel » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:31 am

MollyMouse wrote:how could I not wait just 24 more hours or less to my "S" Day.
Marilyn aka MollyMouse
Marilyn,
I think Fridays are just very hard days.
Maybe it's because they seem like the beginning of the weekend.
I've only been doing No S for two Fridays,
but last Friday I blew it all together, and I found this Friday to be very hard.
BrightAngel - (Dr. Collins)
See: DietHobby. com

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Sat Apr 26, 2008 6:58 am

Marilyn,
I agree, my first Friday was hardest. I had a habit before NO S of "getting into the food" sometime after noon on Fridays. But you are right to go ahead with your S days and just get back on habit on Monday.

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey