angelka's check in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

angelka71

angelka's check in

Post by angelka71 » Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:37 am

Having a difficult time so I thought I'd start posting here to help keep myself honest.

Wasn't planning on it at first but decided to make today an "S" day. The long awaited "Camp Rock" premiered tonight on Disney Channel and I decided to have a sort of "party" for the kids. We had cheese dip, pizza, cupcakes, cookies and dump cake. Needless to say, the kids are bouncing off the walls and I'm uncomfortably bloated and cranky. Just snapped at husband...just feel all out of sorts.

But, on the plus side, I drank more water today than usual, did my shovelglove and wore my pedometer. It's amazing how good I feel physically when I'm following no s and adding in the exercise and water. The first part of the day I didn't even have a headache which NEVER happens.

I'm starting to really look forward to eating again...which means I'm bored.

Shovelglove time: 7 minutes (Hey, it's a start!)
Pedometer steps: 8539...more than I thought!

angelka71

Post by angelka71 » Sun Jun 22, 2008 6:25 am

Crappy crappy crappy S day! Still binging on the left over sweets from lastnight.

I ate so many sweets, that I wasn't hungry for real food all day and I felt sluggish and cranky as a result. Zero energy.

I finally threw out what was left of the cake feeling a tad guilty for not leaving it for the kids at least. But the good news is that at least there was some of the cake left to throw out. :)

Lesson learned. Keep those sweets OUT of the house until I get the habits more ingrained.

Tomorrow is another S day...not sure how to handle it? I guess I'll just eat my 3 meals, and maybe add a treat at some point if I really want it.

angelka71

Post by angelka71 » Mon Jun 23, 2008 4:37 am

I wouldn't say that I binged...but I definately overdid it with the sweets this morning.

I had a "real" meal tonight of chicken and rice and green beans.

The kids have been sick with a stomach flu all weekend...I hope I don't get it too but I'm not feeling very well tonight. :(

Tomorrow is an N day...looking forward to the structure.

angelka71

Post by angelka71 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 6:13 am

Another suckey day. Complete failure. My old habits are now fully ingrained.

Here's what's going on...I'm not trying at all. It's not like I tried to resist and just couldn't stand it anymore. It wasn't that I was starving. No, what I'm doing is what I've done in the past..."Well, I'm FIXIN to start my diet, so I better hurry up and eat it all now." And then, never actually do start my diet.

I know I need to lose weight...I'd look so much better and feel better. I just don't want to do anything to actually cause me to lose weight. What do you do at this point?

In a few weeks or even a few days I'll suddenly start caring again, and at that point I'll be frustrated and down and start wishing I'd done something earlier. I'll start searching for a new diet, think about exercising, etc.

Maybe if I start now I'll be that much more ahead of the game when I start caring again. That seems like a plan.

All I have to do is wake up and eat ONE bowl of cereal...then wait for lunch...then wait for dinner. THAT"S IT! Just ONE day! Just one successful green day is all I'm aiming for right now. Then, maybe I can build off of that ONE success.

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Jun 24, 2008 3:34 pm

What do you do at this point?
angelka71,

sometimes I mention that I did an on-line therapy program from Nov 2007 to Feb 2008 called Shrink Yourself www.shrinkyourself.com althought I did gain ten pounds while I was doing it I really am starting to think some significant breakthroughs I had in that program are making it "easier" for me to do No S. It is a good but difficult program and goes rather deep. One of the things they support is having a "food plan" or "eating plan" of your choosing. I wish I had had NO S maybe I would not have gained weight. Not everyone does - you are actuallly "supposed" to lose weight :D

But they do address things in that program things like why do i want to lose weight but not really seem to want to follow through.

anyway, just a suggestion,
have a good day,

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey

angelka71

Post by angelka71 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 4:42 am

Thanks for the suggestion, Bluskighs...I think I'll look into it. (Very sweet of you to offer the tip. :)

So, for my check in...another red day BUT this one was much much better! At least I did use some restraint. I am finally beginning to feel encouraged. Maybe I'll have a green day tomorrow.

No no no no. RIGHT THERE! No, saying "maybe" gives me a loop hole. "Maybe I'll have a green day" is like thinking that something beyond my control will cause me to have a green or red day and that's not the case. I am the only one who controls that. I need to remember that.

angelka71

Post by angelka71 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:34 am

Umm...yeah. Haven't checked in for a while b/c I've been sucking too hard!

However, a strange miracle of sorts has occured...now my husband wants to lose weight. He's been low carbing for quite a while and has reached a plateu. To combat this, he's started exercising and really tweaking his diet.

His enthusiasm has had such a motivating effect on me as well! Actually, it's not just him, it's him and a few of his buddies, all working out to get "buff." They just simply cannot deprive the world of their "hotness" any longer and are making changes to reveal it to us lucky women of the world! lol!

Today I stocked the fridge with fresh veggies and fruit and I'm so happy to finally have a partner!