Jocelyn's FINAL check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

xJocelynx87

Jocelyn's FINAL check-in

Post by xJocelynx87 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:42 pm

Wow --
What an up-and-down summer I've had...definitely lost all of those good solid habits I developed back in late December. I've pretty much maintained my weight, give or take 5lbs, but I definitely do NOT feel comfortable here. When I was recovering from anorexia, my weight immediately shot up to ~150lbs, so something tells me that is near or about my 'natural weight'. Every time I lose weight, the weightloss slows right around that number. Is it a number I'm completely happy with? No...it's about 15lbs heavier than my 'ideal,' but it's also about 13lbs lighter than I am right now. So if doing No-S, and exercising 4x/week only gets me there and no lower, then okay, because I've never enjoyed life more than when I was following No-S. If my weight is supposed to be lower than that, then it is, if it's not, then it's not. At least I'll know that I got there the HEALTHY way, and that it won't come back.

The reason I've fallen off of No-S 2 times in the past year is because I really don't think that it's strict enough to get me where I want to be. But now that I think about it, lack of moderation 2 years ago is what led to my eating disorder in the first place, and lack of moderation now is what is keeping me at a heavier weight than I know I should be. Really, good enough is good enough. No-S, paired with 4 hours of exercise per week, plus walking around campus when school starts, in addition to a semi-active job is PLENTY, and it's alot more than most people are willing to take on. I don't want to be fighting this war for the rest of my life...I'm about to turn 21 in October, and when that happens I want to know that I'm in the midst of a healthy lifestyle. I did it before, and I consistently lost 1 pound per week. If I had kept going, I know I'd probably be LOWER than 150 by now. So here I am, back again.....for the third time. I know you'll all welcome me with open arms, as you have before, and I can't thank you all enough. Tomorrow is day 1...I cant wait. THIRD TIME'S A CHARM --- hopefully. No...definitely.

mel1974c

Post by mel1974c » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:39 pm

xJocelynx87,

Best of luck this time around. Like you said, everyone is here to support you in a healthy lifestyle. You can do it!

Melissa