CharlieAngel's Daily Check-IN

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel's Daily Check-IN

Post by CharlieAngel » Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:43 pm

Yesterday: S-Day, mostly success

Ate brunch instead of breakfast:
Made a "frittata" from:
bacon (2 slices)
garlic
shallot
a couple rehydrated chanterelles
white wine
2 small zucchini
2 eggs

Snack: pack of reese's peanut butter cups (hey, last snack of the week :) )

Dinner:
"French" low carb salad: red, green, romaine, & butter lettuce w/watercress tossed in EVOO + red wine vinegar + dijon mustard dressing (~1.5 tablespoons of dressing)
On top of this:
4 oz (uncooked wgt) burger w/tarragon
1 slice provolone, melted on top
pan sauce made from fond and garlic, shallot, merlot.

I fanned all the lettuce out and placed the meat on top because if I tried to stack the salad on the side, it would've been really messy. I estimate the meal to have been around 700 calories (based on fitday tracking). It was kind of piled, but it was mostly salad greens...

Starting weight: 239
Last edited by CharlieAngel on Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CharlieAngel

Post by CharlieAngel » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:52 am

Today: Success

Breakfast: 3 slices of bacon, 2 eggs

Lunch: Salad + 3 oz (cooked) hamburger patty

Dinner: Salad + 4 oz (cooked) pork chop, glass of wine

So far, so good. I only had 2 diet cokes today, down from 12 (yeah, I know, shocked the heck out of me when I counted them one day a couple weeks ago). Drank a lot of water.

Urban Rangering: 7+ miles (6.3 miles from work to home). I'm considering another 3 mile walk now (post dinner stroll).

CharlieAngel

Post by CharlieAngel » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:47 pm

Yesterday: Success.

9 miles of walking, day 2 of hundredpushups.com

CharlieAngel

Post by CharlieAngel » Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:27 am

Today: SUCCESS.

another 9 miles of walking.

Got a few pounds to come off, it's water weight I'm sure, but it's nice to see that number getting smaller.

CharlieAngel

Post by CharlieAngel » Thu Jul 31, 2008 10:14 pm

Doggonit.

I could not resist the allure of free food in the break room.
Damage: 1 Danish, half a scone, and a veggie sandwich.

The plus side is, I'm out of food until tomorrow, so I won't be eating dinner. :/

CharlieAngel

Post by CharlieAngel » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:14 pm

Minor check-in: 4 days of 9 mile walk days and I'm down 5 pounds. Legs are very restless now, they want to move. Fun. :)