Ovely Beige's Check In

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

overly beige

Ovely Beige's Check In

Post by overly beige » Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:35 pm

11/5 failure
11/4 success
11/3 success
11/2 success
11/1 exempt
10/31 exempt
10/30 success
10/29 success
10/28 success
Last edited by overly beige on Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The over examined life ain't that great either.
Anonymous

overly beige

Post by overly beige » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:56 pm

I'm back. I keep trying other diets. I'm at my heaviest. I think this has the best chance of healing my very unhealthy relatioship with food. I've tried a few times in the last month to restart nos without success. For now, I've decided to only focus on eating 3 meals a day at reasonable times/intervals. For now I will track this and track nos but with my attention focused on this aspect of nos. When I have that down then I will work on the other aspects of the diet.
3 Meals
11/22/09:

NoS DietA:
11/22/09
The over examined life ain't that great either.
Anonymous

Kevin

Post by Kevin » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:29 pm

Good luck to you. Let us know how it's going (without overly examining your life :)).
overly beige wrote:I'm back. I keep trying other diets. I'm at my heaviest. I think this has the best chance of healing my very unhealthy relatioship with food. I've tried a few times in the last month to restart nos without success. For now, I've decided to only focus on eating 3 meals a day at reasonable times/intervals. For now I will track this and track nos but with my attention focused on this aspect of nos. When I have that down then I will work on the other aspects of the diet.
3 Meals
11/22/09:

NoS DietA:
11/22/09
Kevin
1/13/2011-189# :: 4/21/2011-177# :: Goal-165#
"Respecting the 4th S: sometimes."