Shannons daily check-in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

scaissie

Shannons daily check-in

Post by scaissie » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:00 pm

1 day success[/colo

I almost talked myself out starting this right before the holidays, but I really want to look at this as a way of life not as a "diet". I am dreading the holiday parties, if I can just stay away from the sweets during the week and focus on 3 meals and only eating 1 plateful of food at the parties. If I can get through the holidays, then I feel like I will be abe to get through anything!!
Shannon

NoelFigart

Re: Shannons daily check-in

Post by NoelFigart » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:14 pm

scaissie wrote:I almost talked myself out starting this right before the holidays, but I really want to look at this as a way of life not as a "diet".
I'm with you here! I just want this to be my life, and not sweat it, you know?

And honestly? This can be done. No need to dread, just choose to do it. It's not like we can't enjoy our food in the process!
------
My blog https://noelfigart.com/wordpress/ I talk about being a freelance writer, working out and cooking mostly. The language is not always drawing room fashion. Just sayin'.

howfunisthat

Post by howfunisthat » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:56 pm

Just wanted to pop in and welcome you to the forum. I think you're really smart to start now. This is a life-long change...you're wise to just dive in and start the process. You'll end up eating less than if you waited...and when January rolls around you'll have already started making great choices! I don't know about you, but if I was planning to start this AFTER the holiday season, I know I'd use the whole month as license to really overeat on multiple occasions!

If you haven't read the book, I'd recommend it. Small financial investment...great encouragement...

Welcome again!
janie
Nothing worthwhile is ever easy...

scaissie

Post by scaissie » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:22 pm

Day 2 success!

Yesterdays menu:

Eggs, bacon and 1 piece of toast.

Captain Ds, 1 piece of fish and cole slaw.

Taco salad made at home with lettuce, tomato, taco meat and black olives.

Green hot tea before bed.
Shannon

scaissie

Post by scaissie » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:51 pm

I have stayed on track every day since I last posted even though I have not posted every day. So, let me just start from Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving - Ate everything in site!

Friday - Back to "N" day, did perfect.

Saturday & Sunday - Saturday ate T-giving leftovers, etc.
Sunday - I was sick with a stomach bug, so hardly ate anything.

Monday (Today), Still do not feel good. Ate breakfast and lunch, coffee this afternoon, and am getting ready to eat some chicken noodle soup.
Shannon

blueskighs

Post by blueskighs » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:24 am

Shannon,

sounds like you had a great Thanksgiving ... except for that flu bug :cry: keep getting better :)

Blueskighs
www.nosdiet.blogspot.com Where I blog daily about my No S journey