Lori's checking in

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

LoriLifts

Lori's checking in

Post by LoriLifts » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:40 am

Tomorrow, December 11, is my official No S start day.
Tonight I'm getting ready, setting up my blog and HabitCal.

I've started and stopped No S several times. My past attempts were unsuccessful because I would "tweak" the rules.

The good news is that I've learned from my mistakes and am ready to accept the rules. No more tweaking for me!

My plan is to slowly incorporate the NoS rules.

I even dusted off my sledge hammer.

Let the 21 day countdown begin....
Habits are at first cobwebs, then cables.

fishious

Post by fishious » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:50 pm

Go for it!!
Omdat ik niet meer dik wil zijn!

LoriLifts

Post by LoriLifts » Sun Dec 14, 2008 1:22 am

My first couple days of dipping my toe into No S have been a SUCCESS.

My first week was to do No S from 7-9am. Next week I'll increase the hours from 7-11am.

I figure that I'll be 100% No S by Feb 1. This may be the longest time that anyone has ever taken to be a No-Ser!

I'm actually using the techniques I follow to complete marathons. I've completed over 20 marathons, training always begins with a 3 mile run. Then I slowly add a mile at a time until presto! I'm running 26.2 miles!

If I would have started my training with a 10 mile run, I would have quit after the first week. Slow and steady is the way to be successful for me.
Habits are at first cobwebs, then cables.