Choxie's 21-days of moxie

Counting carbs/calories is a drag. Obsessive scale stepping is a recipe for despair. If you want to count something, "days on habit" is a much better metric. Checking off days on a calendar would do just fine, but if you do it here you get accountability and support. Here's how. Start a new topic in this forum called (say) "Your Name Daily Check In." Then every N day post a "reply" to that topic as to whether you stayed on habit. A simple "<font color="green">SUCCESS</font>" or "<font color="red">FAILURE</font>" (or your preferred euphemism if that's too harsh) is sufficient, but obviously you're welcome to write more if you want. On S-days just register that you're taking an S-day. You don't have to do this forever, just until you're confident you've built the habit. Feel free to check in weekly or monthly or sporadically instead of daily. Feel free also to track other habits besides No-s (I'm keeping this forum under No-s because that's what the vast majority are using it for). See also my <a href="/habitcal/">HabitCal</a> tool for another more formal (and perhaps complementary) way to track habits.

Moderators: Soprano, automatedeating

choxie

Choxie's 21-days of moxie

Post by choxie » Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:41 pm

I tentatively tried the plan out last week. By Thursday or Friday, I think I was on the right track.

So I began on This weekend:

Saturday: Success (S day, but ate my three meals with a couple spoons full of my 4 yo ice cream)

Sunday: Success (S day, ate 3 meals, and grazed a little at bed time- but only 1 semi-handfull of popcorn)

On to Monday. Found a great deal on progresso soups. they were 1.19 a can (two servings heat and eat). Coupon for $1.00 off purchase of 2 cans. Can I say that used $40 worth of coupons? I love the commisary. So I am so ready for lunch. Me and my daughters love soup. I usually add a handfull of frozen veggies and some stir fried chicken to them to bulk them up. But we love soup.

So I'll check in later or tommorrow to share my victories with you.

inghol

Post by inghol » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:47 pm

:shock: What, no decent bread to go with the soup...you are being good. As long as it fills you up!
I really want to wish you all the best to stick with this plan.

Although I have only been doing this myself for about 6 weeks what has amazed me more than anything is the knowledge that for the first time in my life my weight is not going to go up again. It's going slowly, yes, and I need to lose a fair bit, but it's way healthier than stomach stapling ( surgery is always a big risk!!!)and diet pills.

So good luck and well done!! :lol:

Ingrid
Life is what happens while you're busy making plans...

gratefuldeb67

Post by gratefuldeb67 » Mon Nov 21, 2005 8:28 pm

Good attitude Choxie!!!
Assume you will win!
If you stick with NoS and work out your own personal "kinks" you certainly will....

Peace and Love,
8) Deb

choxie

Monday - S day - day 3

Post by choxie » Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:25 pm

Success.

It felt great to get through the day with a success.

I did go hunting for snacks at the end of the day out of habit. But I made it.

Shameless Hussey

Post by Shameless Hussey » Tue Nov 22, 2005 7:33 pm

Good for you, choxie!

I started my "S" adventure on a Saturday, and it has worked very nicely for me. By the time I am done with my weekend of treats, I am well into the next week of NoS-ing. Works for me! :wink:

choxie

Post by choxie » Tue Nov 22, 2005 9:13 pm

Shameless Hussey wrote:Good for you, choxie!

I started my "S" adventure on a Saturday, and it has worked very nicely for me. By the time I am done with my weekend of treats, I am well into the next week of NoS-ing. Works for me! :wink:
Your name is soooooooo cooooooooooolllllllll!!!!

I love it.

I think the hardest part is deprogramming myself from the diet mentality.

Forgetting everything that I learned about diets in the past.

I am now trying to build new better eating habits. That will last me for the rest of my life.

My food is not the greatest, but I have stuck to the guidelines of the plan and made a successful day of it.

choxie

SUccess

Post by choxie » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:28 pm

So here is the run-down...

Wednesday,NO S, SUCCESS
Thursday, S Day
Friday, No S, SUCCESS
Saturday, S Day
Sunday, S Day

YEAH!!!!!

I made it thorugh the holiday with great success.

Yes!!!!!

carolejo

Post by carolejo » Mon Nov 28, 2005 3:30 pm

you ROCK!

Nice one :D

C.
CaroleJo

choxie

Wow, It's been a long time.

Post by choxie » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:18 pm

Needless to say, that Ihave truly fallen off the wagon.

I have gained and lost weight, but I am ready to do this again.

I need to get back to basic and stop trying to add other diet plans to just regular eating.

Snacking is my weakness. I need to overcome it.

I plan to start on Saturday again to give myself a running start to the week.